lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
Malebolgia
Not Yet Wild

Default Preventative replacement of RXV brake?

I picked up a used 2008 RXV for my father and I am replacing the batteries and cables as well us upgrading it to a 12V regulator for the lights and such and wondered about replacing the auto-brake as it has the original style with the release lever.

Because I do not live in the same state as my father it makes some sense to upgrade​ it now and avoid the risk of it failing on him when I am not around.

On the flip aide I am thinking of leaving it alone as it has lasted this long so it may not be as fragile as others through random chance as well as I have already topped out on my planned budget so saving $200 would be welcome.

If the concensus is to replace it is there a better option than going through the shop.ezgo.com website which has a 20% coupon and free shipping right now for a total of $199.39?
Malebolgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Preventative replacement of RXV brake?

Check EBay...
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
Malebolgia
Not Yet Wild

I read a few things specifically mentioning not to get the Ebay parts due to the quality being pretty variable and no real warranty. That may have been for a different item but if I am replacing it just to be safe in the first place it makes sense to spend a little more and get a known quality part.
Malebolgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

They have RXV OEM brakes that are cheaper than getting them from EZGO.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO