lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2017, 02:11 AM   #1
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT Speaker Placement

Starting to wrap up my build and am ready to install some speakers. I have some 5 1/2" Kenwoods, with a Bluetooth amp, as I wanted less attention as I could get from a thievery perspective.

Anyhow, plan to mount the speakers in the kick panel of the main seat, right in the middle, between the two support brackets.

So two questions:

1. Is this the best location? I don't plan on adding anything else.

2. Any structural issues by cutting into the rear body for the speakers right below where one sits? I know that there is the support bracket and figured that's what you are primarily sitting on, but wanted to double check with you all.
cv2065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2017, 06:07 AM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT Speaker Placement

I've put speakers in that location before and had no issues. Just be careful when cutting not to go too deep and hit a battery. The sound from there is OK. I started using the OEM pods that put them just under the dash. I find the sound considerably better there.The speakers are pointed directly at your head.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #3
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I've put speakers in that location before and had no issues. Just be careful when cutting not to go too deep and hit a battery. The sound from there is OK. I started using the OEM pods that put them just under the dash. I find the sound considerably better there.The speakers are pointed directly at your head.
Thanks! I was going to put a thin piece of metal to protect the batteries in case I went too deep. I have the Doubletake Sentry dash, so I don't 'think' that I can use the pods? Probably would prefer to do that if I could versus cutting.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #4
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Any opinions on putting them at the battery cover? I've seen a few place there.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I thought about this when I was doing mine but the sound is not the best....I thought of the speakers FACED you, the sound would be better....SO I bought speaker pods that go below the glove boxes, and you don't get into the body either.

Cockpit 2.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #6
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looking at the Sentry dash, seems that the cup holders would be in the way of the pods?
Old 08-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #7
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have 5 1/2" on the main seat and 4" under the cup holders. They just fit and are hidden well as seen by the photo. Sound is as good as the cheap BT radio I am using but I have to remind myself it is a golf cart..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ez4.jpg (331.4 KB, 0 views)
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I thought about this when I was doing mine but the sound is not the best....I thought of the speakers FACED you, the sound would be better....SO I bought speaker pods that go below the glove boxes, and you don't get into the body either.

Attachment 157506
I never thought of mounting the headset below the cupholder. Looks great. You're not worried about beer spilling on it, during weekend cruises?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #9
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just cut the 5 1/2" holes for the speakers in the kick panel area. Scary operation with a new shiny body, as the hole saw wanted to skip on me every now and then. Slow and easy and all good to go.

Actually looks great with the speakers in there. Jury is still out on the sound until I get them hooked up!
Old 08-12-2017, 10:42 PM   #10
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post

Attachment 157506
Where'd ya get the foot pedal? Might have to pick up one of those!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO