lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2017, 08:52 AM   #41
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Titan Body Rear Seat Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Cv, show us a pic of what you have. I would be trimming that support post before I cut into the body.
I have a grinder and can grind the corners off of the support post, just not sure how much metal I'd have to take off to get it to fit the rounded area, and what is considered 'safe' if I have two heavy people on there. The first pic I posted has the bracket and 'bathtub' corner that it needs to go into. If you need another pic of something else, I can take one.
cv2065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #42
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
It won't affect the actual seat, and I could easily redrill holes there, but the problem is the foot pad. As you can see from the picture, the brackets go all the way to the left and right and not much leeway. Any ideas here?
How on earth does those brackets on the foot rest mount? It looks like the brackets that your having trouble with couldn't even mount on account of those brackets.

The way my foot rest mounts, it goes under the bumper and mounts on the bottom.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:03 AM   #43
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKSoft84 View Post
How on earth does those brackets on the foot rest mount? It looks like the brackets that your having trouble with couldn't even mount on account of those brackets.

The way my foot rest mounts, it goes under the bumper and mounts on the bottom.
The foot pad mounts directly to the bag well mounts. So the bag well mounts have to be lined up right to line up with the foot mount. Here's the Madjax video so you can see what I'm talking about. Mounting starts at 4:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3d91ijI264
Old 08-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #44
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So, after looking at it again, I think if I grind down one corner of each brace, to fit the corner, I won't need to grind the other down, which will give it the stability that it needs. These braces are pretty thick iron. Although, I might still have to supplement with some square type washers underneath the bracket in order to give it a little height so that it sits straight up and down...Might get lucky there and not need it, but don't want to screw the bracket into the plastic too hard which could crack it.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #45
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, it sounds like you will have to modify either the bracket or the body. I'd try the bracket myself.

If you set the bracket down as close to the hole as possible, you should see how much material needs to be removed in order to get it centered on the hole. So long as it isn't 1/2 or more then it should be fine.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #46
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

I got sick of trying to make it work... sorry for the bad pics, but I let the impact brake the body when tightening. No one will ever see the crack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:23 PM   #47
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thought I'd follow up with what I did. I resisted cutting the body, but drilled another hole about an inch north of the original holes that are too close to the sides. From there I ground one corner off of each support, and then took two thick fender washers and grinded down one side to level out the support, as it was still leaning a little bit due to the curvature of the side, but had no choice as the holes needed to line up. That went well and the two supports lined up perfectly, just sat about an inch forward and extra 1/2" higher.

Of course, that extra inch was going to follow me around to the next step, as when i sat the seat on top of the brackets, I was about an inch off where the rear supports attach to the seat. So, I took two 3/4" chrome spaces with bolt/washers and attached, which pulled the rear seat brackets perfectly vertical, but they do still sit about 1/2" off, but shouldn't be an issue as everything is pulled tight with the spacers.

The thing is rock solid, so if anyone needs pics, I can certainly provide. Thanks again for all of the ideas.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO