lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #11
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1999 Western 42 volt EZGO platform Rear End Noise?9

OK

Do I have a problem or just a break-in issue?

I did some more messing with the rear end as the motor delivery is delayed until Monday. When I rotate the Output Gear it sticks on each approximate 360 degree rotation. Is this something normal that a little run time with the new input shaft will solve? Not sure if I have problem with intermediate gears also or what?? I can rotate the differential fine. Thanks again for your feedback.

Richard

ps intermediate gears seem hard to find, so I think that hey rarely fail?
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #12
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1999 Western 42 volt EZGO platform Rear End Noise?9

Ok - New input shaft installed with sealed bearings, new axle bearings installed, new differential bearings installed and rebuilt motor is on. Still had some clunking, but seemed to go away after I tightened the u-bolts on the rear springs, but it has now come back after cart sat for a few days. I re-checked checked the brake drum splines and they are fine with no slippage at all with the axle; however, I get 3/8 inch rotation at outside diameter of brake drum before differential engages. Do I need to replace the axles? Again no apparent wear at brake drum, but seemed to have some on differential ends of axle. What is normal 'play''? Next test drive is after cart comes off the charger.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear end noise
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO