lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
jeremy360
Not Yet Wild

Default Stumped - Need a little help troubleshooting 1994 Ezgo marathon series controller

Will try to make this relatively short....I hope.

Problem: I replaced the input shaft and collar since the old one stripped. Once all back together, it still had a whine/gear noise. Drove fine though. I think it was from a new shaft on old gear but thought might be motor bearing. Took motor apart, bearing felt good and tight still. No slack. Lightly emory clothed the armature surfaces to shiny while it was apart. All good. Put back together and now it wont go...but it just EVER SO SLIGHTLY wants to move. Golf cart does not move when gas pedal pressed. Has a Scotty FNR thats pretty new for reference.

Troubleshooting so far:
-not spinning in hubs. motor not spinning. electrical issue. not mechanical. all spins freely.
-38 pack voltage (have to admit water was just below plate level when I checked, filled and on charge now).
-Drops to 37ish when fully depressing pedal
-Solenoid clicks like it should and gets voltage to both sides. voltage drop via resistor is correct.
-potentiometer spans the 0-5k ohm and produces the correct corresponding voltage.
-Get 4-10v input voltage to controller
-KSI terminal getting full pack voltage

Here's where I get a kink...

-B+ to M does NOT go down from pack voltage to zero. More like 38v to 30v.
-B+ to B- does not do the full span either. More like 5 or 6 to 8 or 9V
-I do not seem to be getting the full span at either terminal

Here's where i'm tossing a coin. Could the controller have just HAPPENED to have went out at the exact same time or could I have messed up the motor somehow. I have not checked A1,A2, S1, S2 to make sure I have continuity...but not to each other and not grounded out. This will be a next check.

What say the experts? I am probably going to sell once it gets fixed as we no longer use it much. Trying not to spend more than we have to if possible.

Here are the two documents I used for troubleshooting:
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/ezgo-troubleshooting.html
http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/1204_05.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5741.jpg (196.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5751.jpg (198.9 KB, 0 views)
jeremy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
jeremy360
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stumped - Need a little help troubleshooting 1994 Ezgo marathon series controller

Continuity checked ok

-a1 and a2 .2 ohms
-s1 and s2 .2 ohms
-no continuity between and A or S
-No continuity between motor casing and any of the 4 lugs

Hate to say it but throwing in the towel and not messing with a controller. Will just sell for what I can get. Lots of new and good parts on it less than a year old on batteries, tires, lift, FNR, etc.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Stumped - Need a little help troubleshooting 1994 Ezgo marathon series controller

Man keep going. Don't throw in the towel. I did more than that to a cart yesterday (except for lift) and mine still don't run.

Hang in there . I'm not an ez-go guy so I ain't much help. You can do it!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
jeremy360
Not Yet Wild

Towel has been thrown. Will see i I can sell for $1300 i guess. put lots of nice parts into it.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/2887812
Old 09-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
perkdiggler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Where are you located? Will you part it out?
perkdiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
jeremy360
Not Yet Wild

In texas, not looking to part out at the moment.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO