lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default XCT install with weak performance

2006 EZGO TXT PDS with the following upgrades:
1. Alltrax XCT 48400 & 200A Sol
2. FSIP MOT-B2
3. New 205-65/10 tires

My apologies, long winded:

This cart is owned by a snowbird member at my club here in Orlando. Every year, he comes down on Oct 1 and finds his batteries dead from sitting for 6 months. He takes them straight to Costco and gets another ‘free’ set of Interstate Golf batteries under warranty. He has been doing this for 4 years straight. Three of them are dated 4/17 and the other three 9/17. Fully charged pack at 38.2V.

The upgrade was needed because the stock PDS controller had died. The first upgrade installed was the XCT and solenoid. Startup and running went without a hitch. Along with the XCT, new tires were added 205-65/10 (20”) at the same time. I expected to get to about 24mph, but could not get over 19.6 mph on a flat Florida road. I suspected the 11yr old motor was tired and probably near worn out. So, the customer agreed to a new motor, FSIP MOT-B2 recommended by ScottyB. I obtained the field map from Will at Alltrax for this motor. Field map file name was FSIP MOT-B2-V4.txt. Once loaded, the toolkit shows it as RHMOT-B2. Along with the field map, Will sent instructions. At the bottom was a note that the speed magnet should be set to 4 pole. Note: Brakes are not dragging.

Once this motor was installed and ready to run, everything worked…except it would not get over 7-8mph. I stopped and switched the speed sensor to 8 pole and got up to just under 20mph. Acceleration was not what I expected either. Then I noticed that the acceleration in reverse was much more responsive than in forward. That seemed strange. While the customer was driving I noticed that the battery voltage dropped from 38.1 at rest to about 34-35V at full speed. Seemed kind of low to me. I expect a drop like that at takeoff but not so low once up to speed. Could these cheapo batteries be the culprit?

Note: I performed the same XCT upgrade on another member’s cart about 6 weeks ago and we got 24mph with same tires, a stock motor and six very good Trojan batteries. (The reason I assumed the motor to be weak in this case)

A question for the brains, the field map in the Alltrax toolkit shows RHMOT-B2. Is it possible that there is a LHMOT-B2 field map available for this motor? I mentioned that acceleration seemed much faster in reverse than forward. I am thinking that a right-hand rotation would need the RH field map and vice versa. Is this how the field maps are written? What motor rotation would be needed for a TXT? I will contact Alltrax on Monday about this as well.

I am attaching an Excel monitor file for review by JohnnyB, ScottyB and others.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Keefe Test Run 10-21-17.zip (42.4 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: XCT install with weak performance

sorry I could not read past field mat MOT B2
This field map will start with 221-48v indicating the motor model #, and yes it is a 4 pole motor but, no worries the map will auto-set the pole position (a little race humor)
Shoot me an email asap and I will send you the field map for this motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO