lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2017, 07:00 AM   #1
atomarchio
Getting Wild

Default What does "yellow battery" light mean on 2006 Precedent?

I have a 2006 Club Car Precedent.

After the the batteries are fully charged and I begin to drive cart, the first thing I notice is that the "Yellow Light" comes on for a brief moment.

It seems to happen every time I start the cart. What does the Yellow light mean?

I had new batteries put in the cart 2 years ago and regularly check the fluid.

I am hoping everything is OK.

Please let me know. Thanks.
atomarchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: What does "yellow battery" light mean on 2006 Precedent?

It means the batteries are not finished charging. Could take up to 16 hours.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #3
atomarchio
Getting Wild

That's confusing.

Because I don't remove the cord until the charger stops making the sound.

Then I disconnect the cord and I switch to forward. Once I switch to forward, the yellow light quickly comes on and then goes away.

What does this mean?
Old 10-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Could mean there was a power failure during charging, or the charger ran to "max timer"
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The light doing that means the batteries did not finish charging. You need to check the voltage of the battery pack. Then check each battery. You may have a connection that is not allowing things to work right. The large cables should be tight enough so you can not move them side to side by hand. Make sure there is no corrosion on the connections. Check the wire going to the charge port.

If the batteries are not over 90% state of charge the yellow light will come on like that to let you know you are starting out with less than full charge.

Could be any number of reasons. Full charge will give you 50.9 volts for the pack.

Keep checking things you will likely find the problem.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:55 PM   #6
atomarchio
Getting Wild

So if the yellow light comes on for a brief moment when I start to move the cart, does that mean the battery low? Or what percentage does that yellow light indicate?
Old 10-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #7
atomarchio
Getting Wild

The voltage was 51.2. The batteries were Trojan brand bought in 2015 and maintain the water regularly.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #8
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomarchio View Post
So if the yellow light comes on for a brief moment when I start to move the cart, does that mean the battery low? Or what percentage does that yellow light indicate?

That's not what it is telling you if the charger has run thru a cycle and shut off.

Power failure while charging, or ran Max timer

Since it comes on and goes off, it tells you there is enough power in the batteries to do a round of golf
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:16 PM   #9
atomarchio
Getting Wild

Turning on a yellow light seems like an odd way of telling me I have enough power for round of golf.

Once the light comes on, I automatically think there is an issue just like with a car.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #10
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

BATTERY WARNING LIGHT
Precedent, PowerDrive, PowerDrive Plus and IQ System vehicles feature a dash mounted battery warning
light (above the steering column) that, when the vehicle is in operation, indicates low battery voltage or, when
the vehicle is being charged, indicates a charging problem. The battery warning light is controlled by the
onboard computer.
When the batteries receive an incomplete charge because 1) the DC power cord is disconnected, 2) AC
power to charger is interrupted, 3) automatic charger shut-off occurs after 16 hours of operation, or 4) charger
malfunctions, the warning light will indicate as follows:
• The battery warning light will not illuminate if the charge is 90% or more complete. The onboard computer
will retain in memory the amount of charge needed to replenish the batteries and will complete
the charge during the next charge cycle.
• When the charger DC cord is unplugged during a charge cycle, the battery warning light will illuminate
and remain illuminated for 10 seconds (25 seconds for Precedent vehicles) if the charge is less than
90% complete but the vehicle has enough power for 60 minutes of operation. This will alert the operator
that the vehicle may be used, but that it must be charged to completion as soon as possible.
• The battery warning light will repeatedly illuminate for 10 seconds, at 4 second intervals (25 seconds,
at 10 second intervals for Precedent vehicles), if the charger times out at 16 hours and the batteries are
not sufficiently charged. This indicates an abnormal charge cycle. The charger and batteries should be
checked by your Club Car distributor/dealer.
• The battery warning light will repeatedly illuminate for 10 seconds, at 4 second intervals (25 seconds,
at 10 second intervals for Precedent vehicles), during a charge cycle (with the DC plug still connected)
if AC power to the charger is interrupted. The light will go out when AC power is restored.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car