lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What Model Is This Cart? Serial Starts with JE1409

Did it take over 2 years for Alltrax to figure this out (explanation on the post above this):
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1179925
The new IQ/Excel diagram showing the required Regen diode (with the same version date) was created on 9/1/2017 according to Alltrax web server storage.

I guess we all should be adding this Regen Diode to our Precedent/XCT carts now?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2017, 01:16 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Did it take over 2 years for Alltrax to figure this out (explanation on the post above this):
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1179925
The new IQ/Excel diagram showing the required Regen diode (with the same version date) was created on 9/1/2017 according to Alltrax web server storage.

I guess we all should be adding this Regen Diode to our Precedent/XCT carts now?
I installed two on ERIC cars last week without this new diode and I didn't have an issue with either one. Sergio, where is this drawing? This is all news to me.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just noticed it myself when I went to confirm a wire color on the Alltrax website over the weekend:
http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_XCT.html
Look at the PDF for the "ClubCar-IQ" wiring diagram, it now includes that verbiage.

I also noticed they fixed the "Reversed Field" connection issue by changing the color of the A2 cable to Green, instead of White as in the original cart and previous diagram.

The part I did not like is that they did not change any of the dates or revisions on the document itself, it is the same revision date as the previous version (Aug 2017) I have saved and appears in the current PDF manual, but neither one references the Regen diode requirement.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I'm still seeing the same thing I've been seeing for months. The wire colors are reversed for A1 and A2. Their diagrams are based on E-Z-Go orientation. That's why people have to swap the F1 and F2. E-Z-Go carts have the motor mounted on the opposite side. That's the reason people have to swap the F1 and F2 wires. Scottyb has been preaching for months, and I agree with him, that the coil suppression has been built into this controller and the diode is not necessary. The only diode I see on this diagram is the one across the coil connections on the solenoid.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:31 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

What diagram did You look at?

This is the diagram on that page for the ClubCar-IQ:
http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/DOC1...-DIA-Model.pdf
There is a #5 note and a Regen diode across the Solenoid big post now.

Interesting enough if anyone just used the OEM Precedent colors on the Controller it would work as drawn since the Combo-Crimp Green cable is actually connected to Motor A1, so swapping the Armature is the same as swapping the Field for proper motor direction. This is not a big deal, I just noticed they also changed the color names from the previous version of the diagram.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #16
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I recently (9/17/17) installed the XCT48500 w/ 400a solenoid in my cart and did not use a diode or resistor.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:06 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the same setup and the voltage suppression diode across the solenoid coil is definitely documented as not needed by Alltrax.

If You look back at that post from 2015 I linked, I questioned the reason Alltrax gave Scottyb for the need of a Regen diode across the solenoid big posts only applying to the EzGo, that scenario could also occur on an IQ and Excel Precedents.

So now 2 years later they add that Regen diode to the diagram, was it wrong then or is it wrong now?

As I mentioned back then, unlikely anyone on purpose would turn the key OFF, but if a solenoid drop out (or contact bounce) for any reason during regen could blow the Controller, I will install one.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #18
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
What diagram did You look at?

This is the diagram on that page for the ClubCar-IQ:
http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/DOC1...-DIA-Model.pdf
There is a #5 note and a Regen diode across the Solenoid big post now.

Interesting enough if anyone just used the OEM Precedent colors on the Controller it would work as drawn since the Combo-Crimp Green cable is actually connected to Motor A1, so swapping the Armature is the same as swapping the Field for proper motor direction. This is not a big deal, I just noticed they also changed the color names from the previous version of the diagram.
What size diode and where can I buy one. Installing the 500 Amp set up as we speak. Could I use the factory one on the factory solenoid?
Any advice is appreciated.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
What size diode and where can I buy one. Installing the 500 Amp set up as we speak. Could I use the factory one on the factory solenoid?

Any advice is appreciated.

Hang tight. I'll call Alltrax tomorrow about it. If you need one I'll send it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2017, 08:17 AM   #20
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Definitely following this.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car