lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2017, 02:47 PM   #1
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Battery Wire

I've been trying to chase down a rear suspension squeak on my RXV, had the rear bag well cover off and discovered this loose wire. It goes into a harness that appears to run to the motor. It would likely connect to the main negative post of the rearward battery. Having recently upgraded battery cables I assume it was not reattached at that time. Cart seems to run fine so what does this wire power? Lights all work, including brake lights. Wanted to check before I reattach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batt Wire.JPG (96.2 KB, 0 views)
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Wire

Hey Dan wait for Bob before you do anything.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Emailed him. Waiting. Sure seems odd. The wire had a touch of the sealant spray I use so I assume it was previously attached but I don't want to attach it until I know what it does...or does not.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It isn't the wire to the controller. That is attached and runs forward.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:01 PM   #5
Rgvrxv
Not Yet Wild

Is it the - wire from the charge port? Or from a voltage reducer? Or from an accessory that's wired to the battery pack?
Rgvrxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No accessory that I know of, cart is a stock RXV. Lights work, including brake lights. Could be the voltage reducer but would the lights still work? Cart charges fine so I can't be from the charger port. Motor speed sensor perhaps?
Old 12-02-2017, 05:39 PM   #7
Rgvrxv
Not Yet Wild

Assuming your cart has a voltage reducer installed, I think that's the most likely. Try to follow the wires from the voltage reducer to the main + and - batteries in your battery pack and see if that's where your stray wire comes from. Your brake lights are probably installed more "directly" to your cart through an accessory wire harness, so they could still work even if a voltage reducer isn't connected.
Rgvrxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:43 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

All the OEM black wires in that corner of the battery compartment go on the main pack B-.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #9
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It is an OEM wire. It is clearly cut to attach to the B-. Just not sure what it powers.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavycdr View Post
It is an OEM wire. It is clearly cut to attach to the B-. Just not sure what it powers.
Sorry, been gone all day. The negative reducer wire for the lighting circuit. There are two negative wires on the reducer, one for input and one for output. They are bonded internally in the reducer and at the negative buss to the accessory harness negative. Just hook it back up to the negative battery pack nut that is by it. No harm done, the circuit was completed by the accessory harness negative connection, but it's best to have it connected properly.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO