lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #11
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: What Batteries do I have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL222 View Post
Ok I wanted to put this information out there. I called DPI and the man I spoke with told me to use Mode 6. Said something about safety timer? I don't know about all this battery charging so just wanted the information out ther. What is the difference between mode 5 and 6?
DPI told me the only difference between the modes was the safety timer. I didn't ask but I assumed that the safety timer turns the charger off if it can't complete a normal charge cycle. Or it could move to the next step after a certain time even if that step hasn't finished normally. I assumed the time would be shorter for lower amp hour batteries.

When I talked to them the main thing seemed to be make sure you use a mode that is for the correct battery manufacturer and type of battery (FLA) and you would be good to go. Personally, going by their instructions and your battery ah rating, I would still use mode 5 but I don't think it makes much difference.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #12
DL222
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngilliland View Post
DPI told me the only difference between the modes was the safety timer. I didn't ask but I assumed that the safety timer turns the charger off if it can't complete a normal charge cycle. Or it could move to the next step after a certain time even if that step hasn't finished normally. I assumed the time would be shorter for lower amp hour batteries.

When I talked to them the main thing seemed to be make sure you use a mode that is for the correct battery manufacturer and type of battery (FLA) and you would be good to go. Personally, going by their instructions and your battery ah rating, I would still use mode 5 but I don't think it makes much difference.
I do agree with you. Being so new I was trying to get more information. I will say this all these flashing LED's are tough on a color blind man
DL222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

What's worse is that the most common colored LEDs are red and green, which is the most common color blindness - the PC term is color deficient. My son is red/green color blind, but can distinguish between traffic lights and LEDs, not due to color, but due to their shades.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #14
DL222
Not Yet Wild

The "Charged" & "Charging" & "Power on" are all flashing at this point in the charge is this correct? Amperes are at 2.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #15
rngilliland
Gone Wild

With those three leds flashing it looks like you may be in mode 19.

Mode 5 is led 3 and 5 flashing. Mode 6 is led 3 and 4 flashing. The leds only flash for a few seconds after you plug the charger in. Then it does some checking and the amps will go to around 2 or 3. If every thing is ok it will start charging and the amps will rise to about 17.

The leds are numbered from the bottom to the top. Led 1 is the bottom and 5 is the top.
Power on is led 1. Shutdown is 2. Detection is 3. Charging is 4. Charged is 5.

The dip switches are also numbered bottom to top. If you look closely you can see the numbers on the switches. Mode 5 is the third (middle) switch right and the other four to the left.
Mode 6 is the third(middle) and fifth(top) switch right and the other three left.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:34 PM   #16
DL222
Not Yet Wild

This is starting to get confusing.

This is what the manual has in it.

MODE – Switch Setting: 0 = Switch Up ( or left if vertically orientated )
1 = Switch Down ( or right if vertically orientated )
Switch Setting is numbered left to right or up/down ‘1’ to ‘5’

[IMG][/IMG]

B0 at top B4 at bottom
Old 01-03-2018, 09:05 PM   #17
DL222
Not Yet Wild

OK my bad I see the numbers you are talking about.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #18
rngilliland
Gone Wild

That picture looks like it is set on mode 5. My charger is at the golf course so I can't look at it, but my dip switches have numbers 1 through 5 on them. The numbers are on the switch and are molded in. They are very small and hard to see. Those numbers look like they are on the circuit board instead of the switch. On mine switch 1 is the bottom one and 5 is the top one.

When I got my charger the instructions didn't have the part about vertically orientated switches or leds. I called DPI and they had the person that wrote the instructions call me back. By the time he called I had figured out which leds and switches were which using trial and error. He said he would fix the instructions and added the part about vertical orientation. I think the part about the dip switches being up/down is confusing. It should say bottom to top. The number one dip switch on mine is the bottom one. I had confirmed that by trial and error before I saw the numbers on the switch.

One way to set the charger is while facing it, lay it on the right side. Now you can set it using the original instructions without any of the vertical stuff. Everything will be left to right as the instructions were originally written.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:16 PM   #19
rngilliland
Gone Wild

My last post was before I saw your second picture. Yes those are the numbers. The main thing is after you get it set check that the correct leds flash for the mode you want.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO