lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
buckmeister2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default ADC speed magnet app question

I searched and found bits of info, but not exactly what I needed.

I have an '04 DS with an ADC motor. I have been told here that it is set to code 4. Going downhill, there is no reduction in speed, so I assume that means the regen is off.

If the above is correct, would the addition of a speed magnet increase the speed of the cart?. I am getting the impression that a speed magnet is redundant if you are already in code 4...yes?...no?. I only use this on the golf course, and there are almost no hills, so I am not concerned about regen speed reduction.

Thanks for your help. I have been on many forums for car folks, and there is always so much rudeness and smack talk shown to new members. You guys are different, and it is greatly appreciated.

Jim,Las Vegas
buckmeister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: ADC speed magnet app question

The speed magnet makes a huge difference. I just last week put one on a stock 2004 IQ DS with a GE motor and it went from 14mph to 22mph on stock tires.

Well worth the 15 bucks, and super easy to install. Just make sure you have an IQ cart (AQ serial number) and not a series cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

If you are set to speed code 4, you should be getting 18-19 mph on level ground.
A speed magnet with not improve speed code 4.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:19 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Speed setting 4 will limit your speed. A speed magnet will not. At 19.6mph, the controller will reduce power in order not to exceed 19.6MPH. There is no "on" or "Off" Regen setting. Many people think there is, but there isn't. "Pedal-Up Mode", when set to zero, will turn the regen off when you release the pedal, but there is no way to remove the motor braking that limits your top speed except for modifying the speed signal with a magnet. Your cart should limit your speed going down hill if you reach max speed. Make sure you're reaching 19.6MPH while doing your testing.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car