lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
Gimpl
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 TXT w/DCS Alltrax Solinoid Install

Hello Everyone, I received my Alltrax controller today and am installing this in our 98 TXT Cart with DCS. The controller part I understand but the Solenoid is confusing me.

I had a White Rodgers solenoid with top mount lugs and the 200 amp heavy duty one they sent me is side mounted.

On the Large lugs I did have a strip with a couple diodes/resistors that connected those 2 together. The new one came with a Regen Diode and I hooked that on, do I still need the strip that was on my old solenoid?

On the small terminals does it matter which terminals I connect blue wire or the other group of wires? Then I am confused which direction to connect the Coil Suppression Diode, it says to connect the stripped side to the hot side and the other side is battery negative. Is the blue wire battery negative.

Lastly I just noticed the solenoid they sent me says 48 volts and my cart is 36, do I have the wrong solenoid?

Appreciate any help.

Gimpl
Gimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 TXT w/DCS Alltrax Solinoid Install

I think we need to ID the solenoid you are asking about before we can answer your questions
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO