lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Solenoid clicks, light on controller, will not turn the tires

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched old threads and read the diagnostics in the stickies. I am mechanically inclined but something about these golf carts really confuses me. Mainly, understanding the electrical component and following some directions in the diagnostics page.

Anyway, I have a series txt. It has been running flawlessly for years. Out of the blue, it would not work. No changes were made. It was/is intermittent. I won't use the cart now so I am not sure if it is still intermittent, but when I was stranded in it the cart would work off and on and finally had to tow it in.

When I turn the key and press the pedal, the solenoid clicks and the indicator light on the controller flashes three times then stays solid green. Cart won't go though. Based on this info, is there any basics I could test with my DMM to begin troubleshooting? Battery pack is full. I want to check the micro switch in the pedal box (for some reason).

Thanks in advance
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid clicks, light on controller, will not turn the tires

Pedal switch controls solenoid activation, sounds like pedal switch is okay. The controller light will turn orange at full throttle if the signal is okay. That leaves the F&R switch suspect.... assuming you have given every cable end the twist and pull test to find any loose or weak connections.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #3
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Re: Solenoid clicks, light on controller, will not turn the tires

Thanks ScottyB. I just checked, at full throttle the light stays green. Also, I have full pack voltage at the solenoid whether the key is on or off, and 2.5 volts less on the controller side. Definitely worth noting is that SportsCoupe built this and all wiring was professionally done. I believe it has your reversing contactor on it. He took off the traditional FnR and put a switch on the dash. I know that he said it has a reversing contactor, and know where it is, I just don't know much about that aspect of it. Any thoughts of what I could check on that? Thanks again for the reply. So very much appreciated.
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO