lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Failed dpi plug where cable connects to the base

Noticed my parents charger had quit charging. Started messing with things and determined if I put some twist on the connection going into the base it would come on and start charging. Soon as I let go it quits. Pulled it apart and the connection for the black wire in the end of the plug is toast. It is on the cable end so I plan on calling dpi Monday and seeing what my options are. Obviously I can bypass it but going the correct route first. Anyone else had this problem? Plug only connects for just over 1/8 inch so just wondering if it was just a bad cable in the beginning.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Failed dpi plug where cable connects to the base

Just like a bad battery connection. Clean it up and redo the connection. It could be a broken wire if somebody was pulling on the cord instead of the connector.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Connection is part of the plug that comes from dpi. All factory. I can rebuild it or bypass it but wanting an answer from dpi before I proceed because I’m sure me doing either will violate some kind of warranty.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:27 AM   #4
Sideways
Gone Wild

Keep us posted on their response.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:05 PM   #5
Robflor7
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar problem. The connector is a nylon 2 point twist on bayonet style connector and one of the points has broken. The plug literally just falls out sometimes. Terrible choice for this connector. I could understand if it needed to be disconnected/connected all the time, but this isn't how it is used. They should have put a nylon screw on connector. Let us know how they treat you. Not looking forward to having to send it back to them for repair. I might sacrifice the warranty and replace the connector myself. At least it will be done correctly.
Robflor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I called Monday and realized it was 4:35 and they were closed. Called again Tuesday morning and got the “Your number 1 in the queue”. After 10 min it told me tech support was not available and sent me to an answering machine. They haven’t called me back. I haven’t called back because I’m busy with other issues but I definitely will. If I don’t get a response I will just permanently bypass it and let it roll but will definitely report back here.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO