lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #1
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default did i burn up my ignition switch/solenoid??

decided to get all creative and move to fast with hooking up Dv 48-12 reducer.
Discovered i had my 48V+ ran to ignition switch as my " kill switch" decided to change it up and run the 48V+ back to battery with 20amp inline fuse.
Did that and better was sparking like a mofo, as i figured it would.

Once i got 48V+ terminal connected i played with my 12V+ with wiring it to switch then all of a sudden cart said no thanks and reducer was HOT. got hot from literally 10 seconds of hooking up the 48V+.

Now when i turn key on nothing happens, reverse doesnt buzz, solenoid doesnt click, literally nothing....

is it possible that i just burnt my ignition switch? Im REALLY hoping that is all it is...

Is there a way to troublehsoot without throwing parts? i do not have a voltmeter btw.
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2019, 12:31 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: did i burn up my ignition switch/solenoid??

Check for fuses in the harness, the one your looking for should be under the controller access cover & should be 3a fuse.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:42 AM   #3
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: did i burn up my ignition switch/solenoid??

I was able to trace the harness and found that my 3a fuse was blown... i had a slightly larger one to test with to ensure no other damage. Soon as i plugged new fuse in, solenoid clicked and reverse buzzer went off.
Will be getting proper 3a fuse tmr... fully removed the cheapo reducer and threw it away, went ahead and ordered Scotty B’s 30a converter with fuse box and buss bar. Gonna do it right this time!
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha