lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
Wcowan86
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car questions

New here posting , been reading for a while. Bought what I was told was a club car precedent (2010) but not sure what I have. Had to put it together and have a few questions on what’s what. Had to order a new key and stuff for it so limited testing at this point.

Motor shows 48v on it, bought 6 new batteries yesterday and wired them up with 2ga wires. The piece in my hand is either for a wiring kit or a fuse ?? I’ve brought up the wiring diagram a few times and can’t find what it might be. It did have a voltage reducer and what I assume is a wiring harness for lights ?? Any info would be great as to what that thing is. I tested motor with a 12v battery and it did click and act like it want to spin (didn’t have it jacked up and took it out of my lawn mower)
Wcowan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #2
Wcowan86
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car questions

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Not sure what this is and not on any diagram I’ve seen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C3CE0F27-25E5-437A-B71C-D397795EF25D.jpg (108.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-10-2019, 05:09 PM   #3
relcead
Not Yet Wild

The black thing is a fuse holder. I think maybe 20A Fuse. But i am not sure there are two of those i think.
relcead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:14 PM   #4
Wcowan86
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car questions

Guess that would explain my lack of
Power on everything. No reverse alarm, no battery gauge on the dash and no power to go. Or at least I hope the fix is that easy

The charger won’t move away from the precheck either. Just flashes the yellow light and doesn’t show any amps on the gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #5
relcead
Not Yet Wild

Without them the cart wont move or wont charge.
I think one is for the power to move and one is there for the charging cycle. Normally they have little caps on to protect from dust.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #6
Wcowan86
Not Yet Wild

I bought this thing for 800 bucks with a list and minor work to do to put it back together. I can handle the assembly, just little confusing in the harness at times. I’m gonna replace
Both of them if Lowe’s has replacements

Old 11-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #7
relcead
Not Yet Wild

I once got a precedent with brand new dead battery just because the dead charging fuse.
They threw the battery in and hooked it up the charger and stored it like that until the battery died. Sad.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #8
Wcowan86
Not Yet Wild

The lift rims and tires seemed to be 1200/1400 so I hoped I was getting a good deal just based
Off that

Old 11-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #9
Wcowan86
Not Yet Wild

Now my bussMan fuss coming out says 2A not 20A. Smallest I’ve seen is 10A 250V fuse. Do you know what size it needs ?? It looks like a dang microwave fuse

Old 11-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #10
relcead
Not Yet Wild

I think it was 10A and 20A but i am not sure could be 15A. Some here will know for sure. If you write the first 5 digits of the serial you know the model and year or try to search here.

If it runs 800 is ok i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcowan86 View Post
Now my bussMan fuss coming out says 2A not 20A. Smallest I’ve seen is 10A 250V fuse. Do you know what size it needs ?? It looks like a dang microwave fuse

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car