lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2020, 12:47 PM   #1
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Looking to purchase new solenoid for 84 club car

Hey guys I see so many options for solenoids, does anyone have any links or brand recommendations that wont break in a week? It's hard to tell with the random reviews out there?
LEMANSZ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Looking to purchase new solenoid for 84 club car

Call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars hes a site sponsor , The only place you will need
706-431-3917 info@revolutiongolfcars.com

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:06 PM   #3
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

His prices seem much higher then everyone else, I mean ive never dealt with him, but any particular reason?
Old 02-01-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEMANSZ20 View Post
His prices seem much higher then everyone else, I mean ive never dealt with him, but any particular reason?

You get what you pay for. Can't count the times people have bought cheep stuff from eBay or amozon and they failed r were bad from the start.

So in the long run you save by buying OEM good parts to start with.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:12 PM   #5
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

I tried saving a few dollars buying a 400a solenoid on amazon.
It bit me in the a$$ pretty bad.

Read all about it here:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-red-now.html

I got another 400a solenoid from David at Revolution and there were subtle but very noticeable differences between his genuine part and the amazon counterfeit unit.
At a quick glance they looked the same.
Don't take the chance with counterfeit junk. It cost me two Curtis controllers before figuring it out.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:50 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Hey guys I see so many options for solenoids, does anyone have any links or brand recommendations that wont break in a week? It's hard to tell with the random reviews out there?
Which one do you want? Quality parts or cheap parts? There’s no middle ground here. You truly do get what you pay for with golf cart parts.

Personally, I wouldn’t replace any solenoids on that cart. I’d revamp that whole cart and ditch all the solenoids and toaster coils and update it to a controller drive and 48v system. Longer range, better speed and power, and much more efficient.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:27 AM   #7
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Which one do you want? Quality parts or cheap parts? There’s no middle ground here. You truly do get what you pay for with golf cart parts.

Personally, I wouldn’t replace any solenoids on that cart. I’d revamp that whole cart and ditch all the solenoids and toaster coils and update it to a controller drive and 48v system. Longer range, better speed and power, and much more efficient.
Always is a middle ground on the contrary, just have to find it. A few sponsors have the factory solenoids for 10 bucks less a solenoid. And like in my case I want to change them all to just have everything fresh which is an additional $50.00.

Now if you come and tell me he has an over built solenoid, this is a very different conversation, hence why i ask the question.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:40 AM   #8
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Plus when you buy from Dave you get his years of expertise and great customer service if you do have a problem...That alone is worth the extra cost for me...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:20 AM   #9
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Always is a middle ground on the contrary, just have to find it. A few sponsors have the factory solenoids for 10 bucks less a solenoid. And like in my case I want to change them all to just have everything fresh which is an additional $50.00.

Now if you come and tell me he has an over built solenoid, this is a very different conversation, hence why i ask the question.

After dealing with Dave a time or two, you wont quabble over a few dollars. He may even be able to match or beat other prices, so maybe try asking ?

He is literally at your fingertips any time you have a question or need.
He has always answered my texts or phone calls promptly and ships quickly.

Not taking anything away from the other site sponsors... as Ive heard great things about others here too... but my experience is limited to Dave at Revolution and the service is nothing short of stellar.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:48 PM   #10
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

ill give him a ring, justy figured so many places tp shop hard to figure out where to go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car