lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2020, 05:31 PM   #1
jkpinatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile FL conversion to lsv

I may be in the wrong forum to ask this but as an ezgo electric guy I didn't know where else to post. I live in GA but buying a second home in Marco Island, FL. I have a Boyce programmed 72v L6 here (first one he ever did). What I want is to buy another and either run it up to Bob or wait until he is back through my way, then take it down to FL to get it licensed for use on Marco. The question (aside from whether I can convince Bob to help me again) is how tough is it to get FL to title it as an lsv? I have researched on the website and see the instructions, I'm just not sure if there are things I'm unaware of. Would it be easier to buy from an ezgo dealer in Florida who gets them licensed? I know there are a few dealers that might handle this. The problem then is I have a cart that is not programmed and is really too slow to be safely operated on the streets until I can time a meet up with Bob on a run through Florida. I'm only a few hours from him in North Georgia and if I buy it up here I can run it up to him (again assuming I can convince him to help me again) Any advice from anyone who is familiar with any of this would be greatly appreciated!
jkpinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #2
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: FL conversion to lsv

Hi, do a search on the forum there are several long threads where people made their cart into an LSV. It requires you to be patient, have all your receipts, have the cart weighed and then to the DMV for inspection. It can be a process but its mostly all about them collecting their fees. It would probably be less work and time for you to buy one that comes as an LSV from a dealer but you will pay for that luxury. By them selling you the cart as as a titled and tagged LSV it will have to meet all the requirements including minimum speed or they could not legally sell it to you as an LSV with a tag and title.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:51 PM   #3
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The Florida department of transportation website has a brochure on low speed vehicles. Just search for lsv.

I bought my 2019 2five from a dealer that did the registration stuff. The 2five is a nice fit for the street. Mine came out of ezgo as a lsv. Vin # and all parts needed. Love the 4 wheel disc brakes to aide the motor brake. It has the turtle/rabbit switch which selects top speeds of 15mph or 25mph. 25mph is the max for a lsv in florida so have Bob do his magic after you get your vehicle through the registration process with the state. That way who will know, that after Bob it will run 35+mph with a stock setup. I choose to stop at 35, Bob said there was more in there.

Toughest thing will be insurance. A real policy is expensive.

The 2five has been great for running to the grocery store, school, starbucks, dunkin donuts, etc. I get alot of heads turning while going through drive thru lines.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpinatl View Post
I may be in the wrong forum to ask this but as an ezgo electric guy I didn't know where else to post. I live in GA but buying a second home in Marco Island, FL. I have a Boyce programmed 72v L6 here (first one he ever did). What I want is to buy another and either run it up to Bob or wait until he is back through my way, then take it down to FL to get it licensed for use on Marco. The question (aside from whether I can convince Bob to help me again) is how tough is it to get FL to title it as an lsv? I have researched on the website and see the instructions, I'm just not sure if there are things I'm unaware of. Would it be easier to buy from an ezgo dealer in Florida who gets them licensed? I know there are a few dealers that might handle this. The problem then is I have a cart that is not programmed and is really too slow to be safely operated on the streets until I can time a meet up with Bob on a run through Florida. I'm only a few hours from him in North Georgia and if I buy it up here I can run it up to him (again assuming I can convince him to help me again) Any advice from anyone who is familiar with any of this would be greatly appreciated!
I'm in Florida now, heading back north tomorrow evening. It would probably be better to do the conversion after it is reprogrammed, as the converter would likely mess it up in trying. An LSV must be capable of driving at least 21 MPH and no more than 25 MPH, and an MSV must be capable of driving at least 26 MPH and no more than 35 MPH. The state of Florida may not support the MSV class of vehicles that are mandated at the federal level. Many states do not. According to the Federal MVSS, an LSV can be operated on roads with speed limits of up to 35 MPH, and an MSV can be operated on roads with speed limits of up to 45 MPH. We can redo the Rabbit/Turtle switch to allow for a 25 MPH limit in Turtle to meet the LSV rules, and optionally Rabbit for the MSV rules. I've been doing that lately for others.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO