lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2020, 09:41 PM   #1
sta904
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo limo refurb

Just picked up a new to me limo golf cart. Long story short, went in for a set of wheels for my short wheel base and walked out with this gem for 900$. It came without batteries, controller, charger or keys but because it was the same drive, 36v pds, I wasn’t concerned. After a quick push and a tow from the ole lady, we had her back at the house and commenced the cleaning. The next morning I swapped all the parts over and she ran like a top. I sold the other cart for 500. Now I’m in the process of slowly cleaning the frame up and refurbishing her. It won’t be a fancy ride, she’s a budget build just like the last cart, but I’ll try to do things the right way.
sta904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2020, 09:48 PM   #2
sta904
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo limo refurb

Magic erasers and bleach go a long way for the seats. Knocked some of the rust off the old tray, sprayed ospho and hit it with some rustoleum (short term just to get batteries in). Also threw the back seat from the old cart to the limo.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:54 PM   #3
sta904
Not Yet Wild

A pic of the old cart before I sold her. I probably could’ve gotten more ham 500$ but it was only up for 2 hours before I was loading it up on he new owners trailer. I spent tonight trying to polish her up. The paint is chipping all over but what is left polished out nicely.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:15 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quite a steal! Nicely done
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Sweet, nice work!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:44 AM   #6
sta904
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! I realized after surfing the site that I put this thread in the wrong section, at least I think. Any advice to move it to the "modified" "lifted carts" section
Old 04-20-2020, 11:47 AM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

A mod will come along and move it
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:33 PM   #8
sta904
Not Yet Wild

Found out that my golf cart is a 95 medalist and not an 09 txt like I had originally thoughBig oops on my part. That being said what are the differences between the txt and the medalist? I assumed it was a txt pds because the controller, switch and key, were all interchangeable with my 01 txt pds. Do I have a medalist with a swapped drivetrain?
Old 04-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #9
sta904
Not Yet Wild

Has anyone put txt lights in a medalist front end?
Old 04-21-2020, 09:34 AM   #10
sta904
Not Yet Wild

Got the headunit and first set of speakers in. Also had to repair the center pod. She’s not pretty but it is strong. For my first glass repair I’m happy with it. Also cut new wood and threw the old foam and cover back on. Again, this is a budget build. Have a voltage reducer and light kit waiting for install.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO