lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2020, 07:36 AM   #11
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installed New Motor - smoke coming from F/R switch

Caddy shifter will help some. https://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/Sear...hifter&Submit=
Shop around. Prices vary.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2020, 11:53 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabensky View Post
Ok, replaced the the F/R switch with a HD High Amp one... Works great. doesn't even get warm. Thank you

Last question : The Lever is VERY hard to switch between forward to reverse. Almost to the point, I have to be careful not to break the plastic handle off when switching. Any suggestions?
IIRC....and it's been several years since I had the rotary F\R switch.....but I believe you may have that center F\R rotary bolt tightened down a bit too much.

I would think there is an actual torque setting for that bolt.....but I do not know what it is.

Just remember, don't make it too loose or your brass contacts will not engage nice 'n tight....and if too loose those contacts will burn up.....again.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:30 PM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabensky View Post
Ok, replaced the the F/R switch with a HD High Amp one... Works great. doesn't even get warm. Thank you

Last question : The Lever is VERY hard to switch between forward to reverse. Almost to the point, I have to be careful not to break the plastic handle off when switching. Any suggestions?
Replace the existing lever with one of these. Everyone at my club with old series carts now has one of these. The members are old like their carts and loved these handles. Make sure you choose the one for your cart.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=caddy+shi...nb_sb_ss_i_8_9
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
IIRC....and it's been several years since I had the rotary F\R switch.....but I believe you may have that center F\R rotary bolt tightened down a bit too much.

I would think there is an actual torque setting for that bolt.....but I do not know what it is.

Just remember, don't make it too loose or your brass contacts will not engage nice 'n tight....and if too loose those contacts will burn up.....again.
It's intended to be tightened until the nut bottoms out. Loosening it is a fantastic way to burn up your new F&R.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:40 AM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It's intended to be tightened until the nut bottoms out. Loosening it is a fantastic way to burn up your new F&R.
Thank you for the post CG!! It's been a long time since I fooled with the old rotary F\R setup.

I posted that there may be a torque setting....but you made it clear that the nut must be bottomed out in order for the switch to not fry.

Again!! Your a true forum treasurer!! Thanks!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:41 PM   #16
blabensky
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone for all the help!
blabensky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36v series ezgo cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO