lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #1
rtpermenter
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 Club Car Jerks Acceleration and Slow Top Speed( not always happening though)

I have a 2016 CC Precedent that I need help diagnosing a problem. The cart works great fresh off the charger but after it sits for 20-30 minutes and I run it again, it will jerk really hard and then stop but the speed is slower than it should be. I will run the cart for maybe two minutes before I will park it for a the 20-30 time. It doesn’t always happen, but it’s starting to be more consistent.

I have done a load test and replaced the MCOR. Any suggestions are appreciated.
rtpermenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Club Car Jerks Acceleration and Slow Top Speed( not always happening though)

Why did you replace mcor?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:16 PM   #3
rtpermenter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016 Club Car Jerks Acceleration and Slow Top Speed( not always happening though)

I read a previous thread and googled another article that said the mcor could be the issue if the batteries are good.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you want to go on another fishing trip replace the solenoid.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:46 PM   #5
rtpermenter
Not Yet Wild

WalterM6 I asked for help. If you can’t or won’t do that, take it on down the line.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:11 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

By just replacing parts based on what you read rather than testing them you are fishing. These guys can guide you through ways to test each component so You don’t waste time and money on just replacing parts.

The mcor you replaced is likely better than the one you have on there now. Depends on where you got the new one. Most all of them you buy online are China made and usually fail new out of the box. The good ones are made in Mexico and are not cheap.

From what you posted it sounds more to me like you have a battery with a weak cell.

Measure each battery voltage one at a time when the cart is acting up and you will likely find a bad one.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:31 PM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
WalterM6 I asked for help. If you can’t or won’t do that, take it on down the line.
That was a serious answer. It sounds like the solenoid but I can't be 100% certain. Time will tell.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car