lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
97expo
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008.5 Precedent- Solenoid activation intermittent

Good evening,
Just finished up wiring on my entire rebuild. Alltrax 500a controller, Solenoid, cables, batteries etc. Motor and pedal assembly still stock.
As I press the pedal lightly, I will hear the solenoid engage. As I continue to press down the pedal to the floor, the solenoid disengages. As I release the pedal, the solenoid will engage again around the same spot it cut out. Cart will not move at all, even when in the range where solenoid is engaged.
Any tips on where to begin my diagnostic checks? Picture attached of my current wiring. After the picture was taken I added the coil diode with band facing the light blue wire.

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0164C170-25D1-457F-A00D-3DA3A1540E95.jpeg (90.8 KB, 0 views)
97expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2020, 10:26 PM   #2
97expo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008.5 Precedent- Solenoid activation intermittent

Btw, this cart sat for an unknown period of time before I purchased it. I’m thinking it’s a MCOR issue but could be completely wrong
Old 08-24-2020, 11:31 PM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97expo View Post
.... Motor and pedal assembly still stock.
As I press the pedal lightly, I will hear the solenoid engage. As I continue to press down the pedal to the floor, the solenoid disengages. As I release the pedal, the solenoid will engage again around the same spot it cut out. Cart will not move at all, even when in the range where solenoid is engaged.
Any tips on where to begin my diagnostic checks? ....
As you first starting pressing the pedal the Foot Switch is closed which is sent to the controller which will engage the solenoid. Depressing the pedal all the way to the floor should keep the Foot Switch closed for the full travel of the pedal. That signal can be monitored with a voltmeter (48v on Green wire, pin #6 on my 16-pin 2003 IQ cart). The Foot Switch is part of the MCOR. Do a forum search for the MCOR test procedure, sounds like that's where your problem is.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #4
97expo
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the help. I confirmed I was not getting continuity across the micro switch(2 pin connector). Used a jumper wire to bypass the switch and pedal worked as it should. New MCOR on its way!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car