lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2020, 06:25 AM   #1
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax 48500PDS Exposed!

So I had to pull it apart to look inside after replacing it. She's been in lot's of water over the 5 years of use. To me it looks like there is a " resistor" that the connection corroded badly where it goes into the epoxy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2032.jpg (144.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2031.jpg (101.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2030.jpg (117.4 KB, 0 views)
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 48500PDS Exposed!

I'd say the Alltrax held up very well with what you put it through. Avatar explains a lot with your water statement. Thanks for the inside pics.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:01 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the pictures. I've added them to my collection.

What are the µF values on the capacitors?

I'd try to mount the new XCT above the high water marks.

Seriously, there is some space above the passenger side rear axle where it can be mounted above motor level if you add a sheet of aluminum to mount it on.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #4
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Thanks for the pictures. I've added them to my collection.

What are the µF values on the capacitors?

I'd try to mount the new XCT above the high water marks.

Seriously, there is some space above the passenger side rear axle where it can be mounted above motor level if you add a sheet of aluminum to mount it on.
I did put it up about 3” more. And here is a shot of the capacitors!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1CD3EB22-3413-4DDA-AAF4-92EBE028A42E.jpg (150.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-04-2020, 05:59 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If all ten capacitors are the same, there is almost half a Farad of capacitance inside an XCT. No wonder it sparks when the last cable is connected.

Somebody with a series drive on the Electric EZGO forum put a sheet of 1/8" aluminum between the shock mounting brackets and the back of the battery box frame, which cleared the arc the motor moves in when accelerating and braking, and there was enough room to mount his Alltrax controller, solenoid and reversing contactor. He did it so he could put eight 6V batteries under the seat, but ended up with several shorter cables also.

The attached picture is a PDS with the body off and the shock mounts and battery frame are exposed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00446.jpg (314.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:15 AM   #6
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
If all ten capacitors are the same, there is almost half a Farad of capacitance inside an XCT. No wonder it sparks when the last cable is connected.

Somebody with a series drive on the Electric EZGO forum put a sheet of 1/8" aluminum between the shock mounting brackets and the back of the battery box frame, which cleared the arc the motor moves in when accelerating and braking, and there was enough room to mount his Alltrax controller, solenoid and reversing contactor. He did it so he could put eight 6V batteries under the seat, but ended up with several shorter cables also.

The attached picture is a PDS with the body off and the shock mounts and battery frame are exposed.
Thanks
Old 10-05-2020, 08:28 AM   #7
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I would make a platform and mount it flat. You can use 4 threaded bolts to hold it in place. Here is what I do. Although in this picture the controller is on the bottom you get the idea.

On top is a Raspberry Pi4 8g that runs an OpenAuto PRO head unit for Android Auto and a full version of Raspberry Pi OS. Also connects to 2 ESP32s and 9 Arduino Nanos via wi-fi to track battery voltages, battery post temps, and other sensors.

I use this style of racking to recapture the space under the seat of a TXT on both sides. (Other side has three layers of stuff over my 72v onboard charger with a cooling system etc.)

IMG_1002.jpg
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #8
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
I would make a platform and mount it flat. You can use 4 threaded bolts to hold it in place. Here is what I do. Although in this picture the controller is on the bottom you get the idea.

On top is a Raspberry Pi4 8g that runs an OpenAuto PRO head unit for Android Auto and a full version of Raspberry Pi OS. Also connects to 2 ESP32s and 9 Arduino Nanos via wi-fi to track battery voltages, battery post temps, and other sensors.

I use this style of racking to recapture the space under the seat of a TXT on both sides. (Other side has three layers of stuff over my 72v onboard charger with a cooling system etc.)

Attachment 209573
Thanks for that pic! I have been trying to figure out a way to get my onboard charger to mount in my cart without rewiring the whole thing. I currently have my 12v reducer, amp, power distribution boxes in the space under the driver seat.
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:

Attachment 209573
Please start a thread & tell us more about this setup..
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #10
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Attachment 209573
Nice!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO