lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart wont fit in 8 ft pick up tail gate closed

2009 RXV, I currently remove my rear seat assembly when I take my cart camping (which is a real pain) so it will fit into the bed of my truck with the tail gate closed. My cart is stock and now. With the tailgate closed and no rear seat attached I have about 3/4 inchs of room from the carts back bumber to the tailgate. I am looking at options where I can keep the rear seat on the cart when I transport it. I cant put my tailgate down now because it will hit my gas bottles on my camper. I wanted opinions on the best option:

1. Get a hitch extender to slide into my receiver, and drive with tailgate down. I have not looked if this is even an option, I think even with a hitch extender my tailgate will be too close to my propane bottles on my RV.

2. Lift the cart up and get the bottom of the foot rest above tailgate. I have a 2020 tundra its a pretty deep bed, I think even lifted up with bigger tires, I will still need blocks under the rear tires to clear the tailgate, Which is fine. I was planing on adding a lift kit/bigger tires anyways as an upgrade in the future.

3. Do they make a rear seat kit that folds completely up? I have been searching for one other seat options with no success.

Thanks
kMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart wont fit in 8 ft pick up tail gate closed

See post number 17 in this thread for what I did to make mine work in my truck.
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...ot+rest&page=2
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I used to pull my tow behind camper with rear seat attached to my cart with 6 1/2’ bed. My tail gate would hit trailer tongue jack.
Carts wheels would fit in bed so no worries of weight on tailgate cables. Weak point when loading/ unloading.
Used ratchet straps to close/ hold tailgate half way to 3/4 way closed,tailgate resting against back of cart, just enough to clear bottles and electric tongue jack so I had a good turning radius.
Removing tailgate was not much an option due to weight of tail gate.

I used a ratchet strap hooked on post on both sides of bed that tailgate normally would lock / latch to.

A ratchet strap connected to tie down hooks in front of bed ran across front of cart below dash but above pedal assembly kept cart secured in bed of truck as front wheels rested against front of bed. HTH😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:22 AM   #4
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Do not use a hitch extender, it will throw off the geometry of the anti sway setup. I use a jack to jack up cart. Put 1x12 blocks down and use jack stands for cart to rest on. Then use heavy duty straps and tie her down. I use a ratchet strap to hold tailgate up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:41 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

kMD….wouldn't it be a LOT easier to just take the gas bottles out of their normal spot, leave the back seat on the cart and tailgate down, and put the gas bottles in the camper. reinstall them when you get where you are going.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #6
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Get either of the Madjax Genesis 300 or 250 rear seat kits, or the Doubletake Max5. Any of the 3 can fold up, or you can remove the pins and completely remove the foot rest.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:11 AM   #7
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

With my 2500 and 6’6” bed I made it work by making aluminum bars to hold the tailgate mostly closed. Rear tires sat on 2x4 blocks so I could slide folding ramps under the cart (cart was stock height and ramps would hit rear diff if not for the 2x4 blocks). Worked great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:00 PM   #8
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice tail gate brackets.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO