lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
cjmenard7
Not Yet Wild

Post EZGO 36V to 48V conversion (Curtis 1205M Programming)

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on here and really excited to hopefully get some feedback. I have seen a lot of informative information and has already used previous threads to help me with my current project. I have a 1990's EZGO 36V series cart that I have since converted to a 48V cart using Nissan Leaf batteries. I got my cart up and running using an the stock Curtis 1206 controller. The controller is no longer working now (which I expected due to the increase of voltage) so I want to go ahead and install a Curtis 1205M controller that was given to me off a club car. It is a 500 amp 36-48V controller. I've saw a video online of this controller swap and for them it was as simple as plug and play but mine is not working. I know the controller was working when I received it but I'm guessing it was programmed for a Club Car and needs to be reprogrammed for an EZGO? I don't have much experience on this and their are only a few people close by that have a handheld device to reprogram it but they also all have limited experience. My question is does anyone have experience programming this controller and if so, is their any information on a range for parameters to reset? I may not even be asking a valid question because I have such little experience with this but one guy that has a programmer mentioned if he knew what to change the settings to he would be willing to help me. Any advise, help, and just general information on these controllers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance everyone!
cjmenard7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2020, 07:55 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 36V to 48V conversion (Curtis 1205M Programming)

Here's the manual.

The throttle has to be changed from CC to EZGO ITS, otherwise the CC settings will probable be pretty close.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1204m1205m_n.pdf (816.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO