lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2020, 07:55 AM   #1
cpnbnanamn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Best set of leaf spring bushings

I'm slowly working through all the kinks this old '03 TXT, and the latest one is figuring out that it needs leaf spring bushings. I've looked at a few vendors, and I thought I read somewhere that this required 10 bushings, but the kits I'm finding only have 8.
So, here's my question: Who has the best bushing kit?
cpnbnanamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2020, 08:09 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best set of leaf spring bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnbnanamn View Post
I'm slowly working through all the kinks this old '03 TXT, and the latest one is figuring out that it needs leaf spring bushings. I've looked at a few vendors, and I though I read somewhere that this required 10 bushings, but the kits I'm finding only have 8.
So, here's my question: Who has the best bushing kit?
well to be honest....if you are replacing all the bushings for your rear springs....you need 12!!

so many of the kits only give you the bushings for the springs and NOT the top bushing for the shackles. that makes 3 sets (6 bushings) of bushing per side X 2 sides = 6 sets or 12 bushings. its been years ago that bought my last total sey, but I got them off of Amazon.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:03 AM   #3
cpnbnanamn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well to be honest....if you are replacing all the bushings for your rear springs....you need 12!!

so many of the kits only give you the bushings for the springs and NOT the top bushing for the shackles. that makes 3 sets (6 bushings) of bushing per side X 2 sides = 6 sets or 12 bushings. its been years ago that bought my last total sey, but I got them off of Amazon.
Is there a kit that has all of them?
cpnbnanamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:59 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnbnanamn View Post
Is there a kit that has all of them?
when I rebuilt my cart, I found one on AMAZON that had all of the pieces. all 12 bushings and spacer tubes.

its there now still

https://www.amazon.com/10L0L-Bushing...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Old 11-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

make sure you get urethane bushings, my cart kills the rubber ones in less than 2 weeks
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:37 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
make sure you get urethane bushings, my cart kills the rubber ones in less than 2 weeks
well my cart is lifted, and a seat on the back....and because if this thread I went and looked at mine and after nearly 5.5 years, they are all in good shape, and is used every weekend. and they are the kit listed above in my previous post.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:45 AM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

My review on rear spring bushings.

I used the Polyurethane ones on a cart my son has with lift and rear seat. They drive it on some rough roads. They squeaked bad so I got the rubber ones and they are happy.

I only use the rubber ones. OEM ones are also rubber .

I also ordered Polyurethane ones for a friend. He also said the squeak and I had to get him the rubber ones.

Due to their hardness, polyurethane bushings often lead to a bumpy ride. Since they’re not as good at dampening, passengers are also subjected to a lot more noise and vibration.

They may last longer but that squeaking will drive you nuts.

Level ground on paved streets they may be good but the people I deal with don't use their carts on nice roads.

I let the people decide but I do tell them the difference in Polyurethane and rubber.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:02 AM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I wonder if there were a steel bearing replacement for the rubber.....how that would impact the ride? Perhaps a bearing with an easy access grease fitting?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:15 AM   #9
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

my cart with the motor listed in it will smash those rubber ones to pieces and start squeaking within a two weeks driving about 10 miles a night with a combination of off road and on road. my driving is mostly a little bumpy off road but I am not driving like an idiot as I have my golden retriever next to me and he is an old man so he does not like whipping around.

now the heim joints on my jakes lift squeaks like crazy
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
my cart with the motor listed in it will smash those rubber ones to pieces and start squeaking within a two weeks driving about 10 miles a night with a combination of off road and on road. my driving is mostly a little bumpy off road but I am not driving like an idiot as I have my golden retriever next to me and he is an old man so he does not like whipping around.

now the heim joints on my jakes lift squeaks like crazy
I use chain oil on my Jakes Heim joints. Doesn't matter if it's bicycle chain oil or chainsaw chain oil. NO MORE SQUEEK!!

I don't care if it attracts dirt and wears 'em out.....I'll replace 'em and slather on more chain oil.

Like you and most.....I hate that squeak!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO