lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2020, 10:20 PM   #1
waltinbatonrouge
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy Buggy VIN 308

Good evening all... Customer brought a BBB back in that we got working with dry batteries and some rat damage under the seat about 7 months ago . Well now its no click no move, and the rats are back under the dash..

After trying to even assess the damage through the cupholder, I removed the front cap and lo and behold, they had a field day.
the owner has already found a rat free future home for it, BUT

I've searched for a couple of hours to find a wiring diagram. I've downloaded 5 different ones, a couple hand drawn but no real matches.
Ths machine has 2 fuses panels, one with 3 15A and 2 20A
and another group of 3 5a fuses ty wrapped together...

The real puzzler is the collection of yellow wires with no home...

And it appears that a separate red wire was run back form the igniton switch through a suppression diode to what I'm guessing is a 48v main solenoid (according to one diagram.)

Appears its an early BBB before Textron bought them...Here are a few pics of the mess...Hoping for a bit of help..
AND if the collective could confirm if this BBB has a main relay or simply the 2 in the rear of the battery compartment on the passengers side.

this one-off stuff is tough, but the BBB is in excellent mechanical shape, the customer wants the machine for his mother to tool around in and is willing to pay the time...

thanks again for any help..I called Textron, they are no help with this pre-textron era stuff. waltinbatonrouge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201105_210254.jpg (197.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201105_210233.jpg (198.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201105_210148.jpg (157.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201105_195938.jpg (162.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201105_195611.jpg (259.6 KB, 0 views)
waltinbatonrouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2020, 10:57 PM   #2
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy VIN 308

I have seen a few BBB posts with similar issues on here. I wonder why it isn't feasible to just pull everything and rewire using standard components? Is it totally crazy to just buy a new controller and rig it up like a standard EZGO?
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 05:43 AM   #3
waltinbatonrouge
Not Yet Wild

Hi Sigfla, JMHO, but having done many ATV and motorcycle electrical repairs and far fewer complete rewires, its simply a matter of the hours you'd want to put into a limited electrical repair. I'm into this one about 2 hours, mostly research time.

With a correct complete wiring diagram and the general excellent mechanical condition of this machine, I would think the time difference would be substantial.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:46 PM   #5
waltinbatonrouge
Not Yet Wild

i did at first! but i blasted it with 409 and hot water stink is mostly gone!!
Old 11-06-2020, 05:48 PM   #6
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltinbatonrouge View Post
Hi Sigfla, JMHO, but having done many ATV and motorcycle electrical repairs and far fewer complete rewires, its simply a matter of the hours you'd want to put into a limited electrical repair. I'm into this one about 2 hours, mostly research time.

With a correct complete wiring diagram and the general excellent mechanical condition of this machine, I would think the time difference would be substantial.
Gotcha. I was just curious as I have seen so many posts re BBB repairs. They are also 4wd aren’t they? That must present some challenges too I suppose. Back in the day I thought they were the coolest thing around btw.
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:12 PM   #7
waltinbatonrouge
Not Yet Wild

Hi sigfla, from my reading, i believe there were about the first 4wd electric machines, thats cool in itself.

I can usually fix the creature if i have the wiring schematic, I can usually back into it and figure it out, but I'm finding partial hand drawn diagrams.

Having sold to and worked with Textron Marine Systems In New Orleans back in the early 80's when they were designing and building the Navy LCAC. ILS was a big expense for the company.

Integrated Logistics Support is the group responsible for Maintainability, Drawings, Service manuals, spare parts, Engineering Changes etc.

A company launching a new product usually doesn't integrate that into manufacturing until they have a big chunk of profit and plan to be around a while. Thinking that's where Bad Boy Buggies perhaps slipped.
After EZGo Textron picked then up, you started to see drawings.
But for the early BBB's no so much, at least not so far for me.

anyway take care walt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO