lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2020, 07:29 AM   #11
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Inverter Questions

I was hoping JohnnieB would chime in on this thread...Def give what he said a try with those two batteries since they are shown to be the weak ones out of the set...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2020, 10:03 AM   #12
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Good Morning, it is 55 degrees here in Miami
I checked all the batteries with my meter, here are the results. 4 of them not connected to the inverter read within 1 watt of each other at 6.35 watts.
The 2 connected to the inverter read exactly 6.25 each

The inverter is either a 600 watt or a 1000 watt Jupiter model I bought at Harbor freight to replace a 600 watt unit that was there but stopped working. When I say stopped working the power light did not come on when the switch was turned on, it was old and rusty. The new unit is half the size and the sound bar did not work. After I changed the unit the Blue Tooth Sound bar worked perfect
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #13
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

According to the chart I am at approx 80% charge.

I am still gonna changer the wires to the stronger battery pair.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

FWIW:

Straight math says a 600W 12VDC to 120VAC inverter draws 50A from the 12V battery and inverters are not 100% efficient, so the actual amp draw is higher, in the 60A range if 80% efficient.

The motor in a typical golf cart draws 50A to 75A while cruising, so the two batteries being tapped for 12V are getting hit with up to twice the amp draw as the other 4 batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:04 AM   #15
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Your thoughts on using Di ELectric grease for better electrical connections
Old 12-09-2020, 02:05 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
Your thoughts on using Di ELectric grease for better electrical connections
I use NO-OX-ID A-Special compound, which is conductive, on my high amp cable connections.

Don't know about the stuff you mentioned.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #17
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

DiElectric grease would not help with better connections its non-conductive...you would use that for instance in your charger receptacle if your plug was hard to push in or on your Forward/Reverse switch so it moves easier if to tight for a few examples...It simply lubricates and coats electrical contacts from the elements...
Old 12-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #18
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I put the charger on again a little while ago and it settled down to just about a 6 amp trickle charge.

When it is done and I want to charge only 2 the batteries connected to the inverter, I just connect the car changer wires to the batt terminals that the inverter wires are connected to, is that correct.

The water level was just above the plates in both batteries, so I added some with my hydrometer. BTW, the Hydrometer result test on both those batteries has the float up to the line where the white almost touch's the red.

The float is marked
Green = good
White = fair
Red = re-charge
Old 12-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #19
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
DiElectric grease would not help with better connections its non-conductive...you would use that for instance in your charger receptacle if your plug was hard to push in or on your Forward/Reverse switch so it moves easier if to tight for a few examples...It simply lubricates and coats electrical contacts from the elements...
Yea I picked that stuff up from all my boating days, it is expensive stuff, we used it to coat everything electric, I always thought is was to both protect the fittings and to help make better contact.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:34 PM   #20
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
Yea I picked that stuff up from all my boating days, it is expensive stuff, we used it to coat everything electric, I always thought is was to both protect the fittings and to help make better contact.
Its a bit of a double player like you said...It doesn't so much provide better contact, but it does prevent corrosion, rust, etc so helps prevent anything that would build up give you worse contact...especially on something around moisture a lot like a boat...and yes the trickle charger should hook up to the two batteries your invertor went to...positive on one battery and negative on the one next to it getting the 12 volts..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO