lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #11
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Wench connection to a 72volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyon2019 View Post
Many thanks guys for the advice ! The wench is 12 volts.
So looks like I'm going to have to find a place to put a 12 volt battery ? Really regretting selling my 2013 Mule 4x4, 3 years ago now !! But, needed to make a house payment. I did not consider the voltage problems when i bought the Cushman 72v 2WD. Searched the net for a couple years for a used S by S that was affordable, no luck. Saw this Cushman 2019 for $5700 w 250 hrs, and here I am. Really pleased with it until it got stuck in the back of my property for 3 days (mud) ! I have 15 acres. GC does have diff/lock, so both rear tires spin, just not a 4x4.

Going to also get 4 new TG Tyre Guider 23x11 - 10 from Chaparral for more traction. Original tires 18x8.5-10, think I'll be ok with clearance. I have been using forums for YEARS, to help solve problems & have had lots of great info, just new to this one. B
I'm not an expert on this, and maybe someone will chime in that is smarter than me....but I think you could probably hook the 12 volt wench to 2 of the 8 volt batteries (16 volts) and be OK. Wait until someone with more expertise chimes in, before doing this.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #12
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohead342 View Post
I'm pretty sure if I hooked my wench up to 72 volts and 50 amps,... she'd never talk to me again
If I did that, my wife wouldn't either
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:02 PM   #13
blyon2019
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Haha ! Think it would do my X some good tho I also have a 15 gal sprayer, now I just put a 12v battery in the bed. It's going to take some work installing the wench now.....still in the box ! Just hate to drive around w/ a 12v in the bed all the time. Don't understand why they use 8v systems anyway...WTF? While we are talking about the 72v, would really like to hook up some LED backup lights to keep me from backing into chit !!!!
blyon2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:47 PM   #14
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Since winch is 12 volt.
You would need a 12 volt reducer that will supply the amp rating of the winch.
Example winch is rated at 30 amp max draw. Your 72 volt to 12 volt reducer would need to be rated at 12 volts/ 30 amps. Fused on the 12 volt side to eliminate risk.

Winch would need to be wired directly to converter with in line fuse. Not via cigeret lighter socket. If so cigaret if used would need to be fused for it’s wire size.

Instruction recommending plugging into a cigarette lighter plug leads me to believe it only draws 10-15 amps typical for those sockets on autos.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 11:23 PM   #15
blyon2019
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Thanks Cobra ! Already have a - Pro Chaser DC-DC Intelligent Voltage Reducer 30 amp 48v - 72v to 12v still in the box. I haven't had the chance to tackle this project yet....it keeps moving further down on my list.
blyon2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:01 AM   #16
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I don't see why what you have (reducer) would not work. Be sure to put a fuse on it to make sure.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO