lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #1
Flutie3115
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent, limp mode, solenoid test

Hi all, I have an 07 precedent with an alltrax controller, admiral motor, and upgraded solenoid. Lately I’ve come across an issue I’m unsure of diagnosing if it’s the solenoid. First, when driving an extended period, say 15-20 minutes then I stop for several hours, and come back to use the cart it will drive fine for a bit then enters a slow down period before going into full on limp mode before ultimately dying. Batteries are basically brand new Trojan t-1275 and fully charged are pulling 13.8. Speed sensor test worked just fine. I tested the solenoid in the on and forward position and got a reading of -9.91. I also hear the clicks when testing it click on and off. I have not drive. It that distance again to listen for the click because I didn’t want to get stuck again pushing it home. I read a few other places that anything more than .4 meant the solenoid is bad, but perhaps I’m using my multimeter wrong. I parked it at a friends house charged it up and it worked fine after a few hours charging. Anyone have any ideas or help???
Flutie3115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2020, 10:43 AM   #2
Sierra 6
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent, limp mode, solenoid test

Interesting, I'm having the same issues you describe with the exact same setup as yours in an early 2008 Precident with the 4 12V batteries. I have not done any diagnosis yet, but figured the batteries are on the way out since after charging all is well again but for a very short time. Maybe 30-45 min of driving time.
Sierra 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:58 PM   #3
Flutie3115
Not Yet Wild

Im going to do a test of driving a long distance and putting it in tow mode while I stop for a few hours. Mine only happens when driving a long distance. The batteries on mine test fine. I can hear the solenoid click on and off when sitting and pushing the accelerator pedal so its working, but I guess that doesn’t mean after it gets hot that it isn’t sticking. I may try and just outright replace the solenoid.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:19 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Use your Alltrax Tool Kit and see where the failure is at. It should tell you where the issue is and drill down to it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #5
Flutie3115
Not Yet Wild

No error flags. Everything seems normal too. When I connected it asked me to upgrade the controller software version, so I did that. Do you think resetting the controller might help?
Old 12-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That may be your MCOR failing. It is moot unless we can test during a failure mode status. When it happens again, check the Tool Kit at that time. It will tell you if you are getting the MCOR MS and the Solenoid closure. If it is, and the cart is not moving, it can only be a bad MCOR potentiometer or controller, unless the bridge in the solenoid is stuck, but you would see that on the controller readings as it would show low voltage and flag it.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:09 PM   #7
Flutie3115
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! Random question and it might be related. When the LED headlights are on and I depress the gas pedal, the lights flicker constantly. When I put the headlights in high beam mode, the flicker goes away. One other weird thing, we have speakers and a bluetooth device. When the headlights are just on there's a weird hum through the speakers, when the headlights are on high beam the hum disappears. Could that have anything to do with the issues I am encountering? These issues have always happened for at least the last year or so when they were installed. However the limp mode issue has just started.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:28 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I believe that is completely separate. Sounds like electrical interference with the speakers picking it up.
Old 01-02-2021, 12:19 PM   #9
Flutie3115
Not Yet Wild

So I drove it a good distance, probably 7 miles. Problem happened again about mile 6. Tested Batteries. 3 were right around 12.2-12.4 volts, one was at 11.8. Also, it didn’t go into full limp mode right away. It was operating fine. Came to a stop. Then started to accelerate and upon accelerating, I could feel it go down to like 50% power. It lasted like that for maybe a half a mile before going down into full on limp mode.
Old 01-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #10
Flutie3115
Not Yet Wild

I meant to add the reverse power seems to be completely normal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4099F314-13A5-40A8-B844-E492DC67B2AE.jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car