lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #1
tcb2020
Getting Wild

Default 95 club car ds pot microswitch burning

i have a 95 club car ds that i cant seem to get the solenoid to click. I have power on the big posts without the pedal depressed and power on the little posts with the pedal depressed. i read that the obc may be locked out and to remove the yellow wire that runs from the small post on the solenoid to the obc and replace it with a wire that runs from that same post to the b- post on the controller. after doing that i jumped the key switch ( because i dont have one and am just jumping it for testing purposes) and then hit the pedal and immediatly it burned my microswitch in the potentiometer. My question is, does this sound like a bad diode on the solenoid? if so i know i can remove it and test for continuity on the diode. If it fails that test is it still safe to hit the pedal and see if it will run with the diode removed? thank you
tcb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #2
tcb2020
Getting Wild

Default Re: 95 club car ds pot microswitch burning

new update, removed and tested the diode and it is bad. i then jumped the key again and after pressing the pedal we have a solenoid click. it also sounds like the motor wants to run just a odd noise highpitch ringing coming from the rear end. i know the controller is good because i just had it rebuilt. is there a test for the motor?
Old 01-07-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What is pack voltage?

What throttle are you using?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #4
tcb2020
Getting Wild

pack voltage is 49.7 and it has the multistep potentionmeter. when i measure voltage coming out of it at the green/white wire and then the blue wire i only have 41 volts. Also when measuring ohms it goes from 0-2.8k. is this telling me the potentiometer is bad?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car