lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2021, 06:05 PM   #1
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default workhorse run time

I just got a 2006 workhorse and it dies after a few hours of use. So I took it to have the batteries checked out and they are fine, but the shop told me this model only has a 90 minute run time between charges. Does that sound right?
79camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2021, 07:31 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: workhorse run time

36V or 48V battery pack?

Series or sepex drive?

What make/model batteries?

---------------
The battery typically used in a 36V pack is a Trojan T-105 (6V - 225AH), which has a rated run time of 115 minutes at a 75A discharge rate, but most people don't discharge their batteries below 50%, so actual run time is 57.5 minutes.

Of course that is pedal time and cart typical average between 50A and 75A while driving, so 90 minutes of pedal time may be possible.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:32 PM   #3
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

36v series, and Trojan, not sure what model
Old 01-13-2021, 12:33 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Trojan has four grades of 6V wet-cell, deep-cycle batteries with minutes @ 75A from 105 to 145, so the pedal time range is from 52.5 Minutes to 72.5 Minutes depending on which model 6V Trojan battery is used.

However to answer your original question, there is simply no way to estimate how many minutes your cart will or should run on a single charge.

The exact storage capacity of your batteries is unknown.
The number of amps being drawn while driving varies continuously.
The terrain driven on is unknown.
The temperature of the batteries is unknown.
ETC.
ETC.
ETC.
ETC.

Is 90 Minutes of pedal time possible? Maybe.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:35 PM   #5
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks. I was just looking for an estimate. I have become paralyzed and can only communicate using my eyes, so can no longer work on the cart by Myself unfortunately. I appreciate your reply!
Old 01-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79camaro View Post
thanks. I was just looking for an estimate. I have become paralyzed and can only communicate using my eyes, so can no longer work on the cart by Myself unfortunately. I appreciate your reply!
The shop guy said that cart model only had a runtime of 90 Minutes. Except for the word "only", that was a fairly reasonable statement for just about any model electric cart with standard 36V-225AH battery pack or a standard 48V pack using 8V-170AH batteries.

The usual yardstick used is how far the cart will go on a single charge. Measuring miles traveled more or less eliminates variability of the ever changing number of amps being drawn as the cart accelerates, cruises at speed or slows down.

In stock trim, most carts will do at least 36 holes of golf on a single charge, or about 12 miles or so. By increasing the number of AH stored in the battery pack and reducing the mechanical drag imposed on the motor by the cart and cargo, that distance can be tripled or quadrupled, or more.

Tags
batteries, charge, run time, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO