lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2021, 03:41 PM   #1
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Textron Ambush/Recoil Lift?

Does anyone know if there is a way to lift an Textron Ambush (or Recoil). I have a 2017 Textron (Bad Boy) Ambush IS, and need more ground clearance because I'm traversing some seriously muddy and rutted terrain. Perhaps even larger tires that may fit? I know there is a standard lift kit for UTVs that somehow raises the shocks and gives 2" of lift, but I'm not even sure if that works.
cnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2021, 04:29 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Textron Ambush/Recoil Lift?

the lowest point is probable the differential pan and lifting the frame/body off the axles doesn't change the pan clearance. It will give more clearance for the brake linkage if it is dragging or if you are having high centering issues.

Taller tires give you 1/2" more pan clearance for each 1" increase in tire height, but upping the tire height lowers the amount of torque available when rubber meets road (or mud in your case).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #3
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. I got stuck last week. Mainly when the front center of the frame gets bottomed out because of deep ruts or sinking in water/mud. So I'm trying to raise the point of lowest clearance of the center of the frame. I'm not even sure if the Ambush would support larger tires without rubbing. Do you know the max tire size? I'm not getting stuck because of lack of traction, but more because of low clearance.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:07 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not familiar with Ambush carts, so I don't know how tall of tires can be installed without lifting for clearance.

Maybe somebody familiar with them will jump in, or a Ambush dealer might know.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:29 PM   #5
badboy714
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had same issue, If you want more ground clearance bigger tires is the easiest way to go. I have a 2'' spacer on the shock that allows me to put bigger tires ~28'' without any rubbing.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-01-03 152809.png (16.2 KB, 0 views)
badboy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 05:44 PM   #6
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, I think that I bought those same ones from eBay. They work well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO