lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Project 87, Club Car DS, time to up the speed I think

Hey guys so i think after all the tinkering I just think its worth it to spend the money and upgrade. I want to get a solid 25 mph out of the cart, and I do mainly neighborhood driving. I want to keep it a 48v for simplicity, and mainly that when i put 4 people I can still get at least 20 mph and get to wear I need to get too.

Who should I order from, I would like more of a plug and play type kit where all parts and wiring are there, I just need to maybe do some work to get it going. Its an old 1987 DS, but nothign wrong with the body or frame and spending 5k on a new cart seems to be pointless to only get someone elses problems.

What am i looking at and where should I go more importantly?
LEMANSZ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2021, 05:49 PM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Project 87, Club Car DS, time to up the speed I think

Look to the site sponsors link above. Carts Unlimited or Revolution Golf Cars. I've purchased from ScottyB at Carts Unlimited and I think he has what you're looking for in a kit. His service is outstanding.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:07 PM   #3
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg454 View Post
Look to the site sponsors link above. Carts Unlimited or Revolution Golf Cars. I've purchased from ScottyB at Carts Unlimited and I think he has what you're looking for in a kit. His service is outstanding.
i heard Scottyb is pretty good.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:27 PM   #4
jkenprice1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I want to do Club Car DS conversion to AC with the Navitas kit. Kinda expensive, but with 23' tires, should be good for 35mph.
jkenprice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #5
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkenprice1 View Post
I want to do Club Car DS conversion to AC with the Navitas kit. Kinda expensive, but with 23' tires, should be good for 35mph.
I contacted scottyb, but just seems like they cant do what I need. I just want a kit with all cables ready to go that I can swap out the old stuff and just put in the new. I find it weird they dont make that, so im gonna contact revolution. They have helped me in the past get this cart going, so im gonna cross my fingers they can set me up.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The problem you’re going to run into here is that you’ve got a 36v resistor style cart. You need to upgrade to a 48v solid state (controller) cart. This is neither a simple nor cheap conversion.

My .02 you’d be better off selling your cart and buying a 48v DS that’s newer. You can upgrade it from there to meet your needs.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:11 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Dave at Revolution Golf Cars is the Club Car expert on what you want to do.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:01 PM   #8
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
The problem you’re going to run into here is that you’ve got a 36v resistor style cart. You need to upgrade to a 48v solid state (controller) cart. This is neither a simple nor cheap conversion.

My .02 you’d be better off selling your cart and buying a 48v DS that’s newer. You can upgrade it from there to meet your needs.
I thought about that, but a newer cart is gonna run me probably 3k easy AND most likely will have to change the batteries within a few months. After speaking just with scotty b, I can buy most of these solid state kits and run my 36 volt for now and then upgrade to 48v when my batteries go.

If I spend 3k on my current cart, I am into it right now 1600 including the batteries I had bought about a year ago. 2 to 3k on this cart yields me an "I know what you have, and I know your problems cart", instead of spend more money on someone elses and find w/e gremlins made them want to sell it.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:02 PM   #9
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Dave at Revolution Golf Cars is the Club Car expert on what you want to do.
Hes the one that helped me big time on getting this cart running, actually yourself as well when i first got this thing when it was a wreck. Its just his site doesnt show like he would be able to help me, but if he can get me everything for a decen tprice for me I cant lose with them.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEMANSZ20 View Post
Hes the one that helped me big time on getting this cart running, actually yourself as well when i first got this thing when it was a wreck. Its just his site doesnt show like he would be able to help me, but if he can get me everything for a decen tprice for me I cant lose with them.
If something there is not clear to you, give him a call.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car