lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2021, 03:32 PM   #1
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default solenoid problem

Hey guys,
My solenoid went bad. I measured pack voltage on the small terminals when I pressed the throttle, but no click. Took it off and verified it was bad. I had two 48 volt solenoids that I bought 6-8 years ago, to change the manual FNR switch to electric, but never installed them. These have large terminals on both ends, one is 'normally open', the other 'normally closed. I bench tested it before I installed it and put heat shrink tubing on the bottom terminals('normally closed'). I installed one of these, pressed the throttle and nothing. I had accidentally reversed the polarity on the wires to the small terminals. After I figured that out, I wired it correctly. Now I get no voltage to the small terminals when I press the throttle. Did I fry something? Thanks
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO