lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2021, 05:43 PM   #1
b1pig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2009 Precedent MCOR ... or.... ???

Wife has a 2009 Precedent. It sits a lot. Before we parked it up a while back, it was developing some bad behavior. It would shudder randomly at part throttle. Occasionally, it would not respond, then lurch as the pedal was pressed.

Back in February, I replaced all the batteries and cables.
Just a while ago, the wife wanted to take the cart out. I backed it out of the garage for her and it did the shaky-lurchy thing. After I got it backed out and aired up a tire, it wouldn't go. I can hear a relay in the area of the motor or controller under the seat click twice when the pedal is pressed. As soon as I pushed it, though it beeped and did the motor-braking.... sssoooo... I scratched my head. I flipped it to tow mode and pushed it back into the garage.

I would think that the MCOR would be the sole issue here, but since I'm hearing a relay clicking back there its making me wonder exactly how I need to troubleshoot this. I've searched and re-read several threads. Two years ago, I would have just ordered a new MCOR and thrown the part at it.... but I don't have any spare change to play with. I have not idea if that MCOR is running two circuits or is essentially a single circuit rheostatythingie. Maybe I'm over complicating it in my head.

Any better tips or advice would go a long way for me.

Maybe I'm lost or missing something?

b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2021, 06:49 PM   #2
b1pig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Precedent MCOR ... or.... ???

And because I wasn't clear.

The buzzer comes on in reverse.

That sensor on the side of the pedal assy looks nothing like an MCOR...
Old 05-21-2021, 07:28 PM   #3
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

In 2009 Club Car thought it was a good idea to eliminate the mcor and use a TPS (throttle position sensor)..It didn't work and they were all supposed to be recalled...That's what you have...Read this from Revolution Golf Carts...

Notes: If you have a 2009 Precedent, read this.

In 2009 Club Car attempted to eliminate the MCOR2 and used a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). It didn't work out and production stopped by 2010. 2009 Vehicles were supposed to all be swapped back to an MCOR2. This was a warranty repair. However, I've seen lots of 2009 vehicles still equipped with the TPS. If you have it, convert it. It's going to cause you trouble down the road.

2009 Vehicles that were converted from a TPS to an MCOR2 will have a TPS to MCOR Adapter plugged into the MCOR. In IQ models, it's simply a plug designed to convert the 6 pin TPS connector to the classic style MCOR2 plugs. In Excel models, this adapter has three 461ohm resistors inside soldered into the three throttle wires. This adapter MUST BE in place or the Excel vehicle will not function properly. In 2008 and 2010-Present the resistors are soldered into the main wire harness and the adapter is not necessary. If you have an IQ vehicle that is currently equipped with a TPS, you do not need to order this adapter. Contact us for details by sending an email to info@revolutiongolfcars.com.
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:36 PM   #4
b1pig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

THANK you....

Now I see why I can't find any replacement parts. Though I did see a conversion kit. But some people will sell anything to make a buck off an un-knowing person.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #5
Poppi57
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I am purchasing a 2009 Presedent today. I actually have not seen the cart yet but it is a deal I cannot pass up. I am new to carts. What should I look for to tell what I have in this cart. Also is there schematics on the electronics for this cart anywhere that someone can point me to.
Poppi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #6
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Go up to the Sticky Threads above and you will find a thread containing all the Club Car wiring diagrams.

Also this Sticky Thread from above has all the information on Club Car MCOR issues and versions:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=97696

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car