lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2021, 07:21 PM   #1
coreycunnington29@yahoo.c
Not Yet Wild

Default 1985 36v ezgo no reverse, inconsistent drive, sparking on speed control board

Hello, I recently purchased a 1985 ezgo 36v project cart. I installed 6 new batteries and new battery cables. When it runs it does great with plenty of power. It has power and will go forward but no reverse. The reverse buzzer comes on but no movement. In forward it has recently become inconsistent. I have to pump the pedal several times or turn the cart off and on to get it to go. my first guess is forward reverse switch board but I'm looking for additional insight on what it could be.
I've also noticed sparking on the bottom of the speed control board when the gas pedal is engaged, is this normal? Any help is appreciated
coreycunnington29@yahoo.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2021, 08:11 AM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1985 36v ezgo no reverse, inconsistent drive, sparking on speed control board

Sparking is usually a sign of a loose,bad connection. Maybe check that first.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:05 PM   #3
coosa
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1985 36v ezgo no reverse, inconsistent drive, sparking on speed control board

I had an 84 model and never had a problem like that. Mine always sparked a little; everything has to be perfect with the board and wiper for it to not spark. I wouldn't be too concerned about that, but the other issues are concerning.

You should be able to test it with your meter and see if power is getting to the motor. No reverse makes me think it could be a motor issue. Considering the money you have already spent, I would buy a new board and wiper. Those things wear out like points and plugs from a car of that era. Good luck with it.
coosa is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO