lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2021, 08:57 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: governor ? won't go forward over 8mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowlands57 View Post
Not knowing anything other than what I have read here regarding a speed sensor putting carts in 'limp mode' at 8 MPH I wonder if that is the issue? If the motor you have has the speed sensor it may be worth checking that out as a possible culprit for the sudden change in behavior.
Good point! His motor should have the speed sensor. If it takes off fast then slows down quickly to 8 MPH, that is a possible cause.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2021, 03:44 PM   #12
molokai
Not Yet Wild

Thank you rowlands57 I was thinking along those lines as well, do you know how fast it is suppose to go on the flats and then going uphill? it is much slower going uphill and thinking it was always like that (?) thanks again appreciate your time and expertise
molokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:11 AM   #13
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

I can only comment on mine, a bone stock 2002 DS. I have just about 20 MPH on the flats and it does slow quite a bit on the uphills, down to about 14 MPH or so. There are tons of upgrade options available in a lot of mix and match combinations but I don't feel the need for any more performance.

Again, from all I have read here from the great folks who contribute this is normal for my setup. I am OK with it because almost all my use is in town by the beach and it's flat as a pancake for the most part.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car