lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finally got to put the MSD on my cart

The first thing I did was call Fred and we went over everything together. Even reinstalled the factory ignitor box.

Any idea of a better than stock pulsar coil or should I just give a new one a try.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's the coil. A few minutes ago I wass palying with it again and by willgrling the wires where they entr the coil I can get it to read "Open" on my DVOM.

Also, I can;t see how this sould be anything other than a coiencednce. I know I'm not the firay one to put an MSD in and no one else is buring up pulsar coils are they?
WILD-BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #12
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a '99 350 block with a good pulsar on it. I'll read the ohms and see if it's within range, if it is normal, I'll send it to you to try.
If you get fluctuatng readings somethiing is loose or cooked usually. The only problem with a different trigger is getting the position and timing correct.
Some pulsars go bad, others last indefinately. Wish I was of more help. If this next one cooks, we'll look into a new trigger to match the MSD.
Try the stock ignition with this pulsar and then, when it works, switch it over and see what happens.
This igntion should work off a set of points, I don't know how it could be more than coincidence. My MSD is a slightly different model than yours, but work the same.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #13
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you could let me know what the ohm reading is I would be greatful.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll check it in the AM and get back with you by 10:00am.I need to run mine some more. It only has an hour on that MSD so far....too busy.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #15
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, that's 55 min more than I got
Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #16
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On the 200 ohm scale I got 20.5 ohms. It does bounce to 39-45 as it passes the trigger.
I tested 2 of them with the same results. See if the pulsar bounces as the trigger goes by.. Gotta go now. If you want one PM the address. Tony
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #17
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tried that, and it would go from 20 to 5 but not any higher.

Now the *** thng wont even turn over.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #18
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Awe shoot. Sounds like a T-tap cut a wire in half or something.... When I installed mine I used different connectors than what was supplied. Mine had also Quit for a moment during testing and it was a loose ground at the battery. I'm at lunch. I'll test the MCI pulsar and see what that does, get some literature and be back in a while. There is a fuse in that box somewhere, see if that blew....Bummer
Old 08-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #19
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did check all the connections but I will do it again. I will also have another look at the fuse when I get home. One thing I do know is that right now it seems like the solenoid is not energizing. I didn't have much time to look into it before I had to leave this morning.

Tony, please look at this pic and tell me which terminal you hokked the small red wire from the MSD box to.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #20
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

D....That should be the foot pedal HOT wire to close the solenoid. the other side should be a ground. Let me check a diagram before we publish that. I'm not 100% sure. 90%maybe.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO