lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2007 ezgo st 2+2

I have a 2007 ezgo 2+2 and I run it at a campground I was wondering does anybody know where I can get a radio? I dont know if I should mount it in the dash or get a overhead consule. What would you go with? I have underglow so I would like to get it to flash to the beat. I've looked at the dash mount location and I have a cig lighter there so I pulled it out and seen a metal plate in the back. If I got dash mount radio do I cut that plate out or leave it? I have a pwr souce there already should I have it controlled by a switch or just leave it how the cig lighter was hooked up. When I,m gone I thought about putting a battery cut off somewhere so it wont drain the battery while I,m gone.
motormouth27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 ezgo st 2+2

Look in the design threads. There are tons of ideas and info in there. Mine went in the drivers glove box hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carts 014.jpg (49.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Neon 067.jpg (78.0 KB, 16 views)
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
FastPit107
Not Yet Wild

I used an overhead console to hold the speakers and radio only because i use mine as a pit vehicle at a race track and wanted to hear the track annoucements. I have a 09 st 2 + 2, and wired the radio to come on when the key is turned to the headlight switch and then just put in a toggle for the headlights. The radio stays on 99% of the time that someone is around or riding it so its no big deal for my setup. I also have installed LED underglows and just use the wireless remote to turn them on or off no matter what the key is in. You can get 5 to 6 hours with LED's and figure i could leave them glowing and flashing to show off. My wife loves the cig lighter outlet b/c shes a txt a holic and phone chargers are a must! I am leaving for a trip on wed and plan on taking some pics to post to all the mods to my 09 already! PS. Think ive tore the governor up as in another post so this thing flys! LOL
FastPit107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
FormerHR
Not Yet Wild

I can't comment on the technicals of the install because the guy I bought it from had it installed already, but here's what he did. If you look at the dash, where all of the illustrated warnings are, you can see where he wired a toggle switch for the power to the radio in the far right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04751.JPG (129.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04752.JPG (132.1 KB, 15 views)
FormerHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is there a way I just leave the key switch alone and put a toggle switch in somewhere or a battery cut off so while I not at my rv it wont be a dead battery when I get there on fridays.

What type of antena should I get if I purchased a radio?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ils_box_holder

will it fit in the dash mount location

They told me that the deminsions are 7width 7 depth 2 height

Is there a problem with batteries going dead? Have any of you tried the "Battery Tender"
Old 09-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
FormerHR
Not Yet Wild

The guy gave me the receipt for the stereo with all the other paperwork. On the receipt it says "boat antenna", which I assume is one of those short (12" or so) rubber coated antennas. It's not mounted anywhere on the outside so I assume it's shoved in the dash somewhere.
FormerHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
FastPit107
Not Yet Wild

Yes all you need is to lay it somewhere to allow it to work. I laid mine right behind the radio in the overhead mount.

As for the key switch you run a constant hot to the yellow wire and then a switched hot to the red. This way it keeps the settings. It shouldn't go dead if you use the cart atleast once a month. If less than that then i would hook both yellow and red wires to the switch together. You will lose any settings though every time you turn the switch off.
FastPit107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone have step by step pics on how to install it and how much metal do you cut off the bracket in the ball holder???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO