lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
Huntr
Not Yet Wild

Default Props to local dealer!

I have to give props to my local dealer. They gave away trash used carbs for free and now 2 carts are back in action.

Back story:
Brother-in-law (B-I-L) and I both have carts. I have a workhorse he has a regular 4 pass cart. Both EZGO. His wasn't running right, so he took it to his father (my F-I-L) to have him work on it. Carb apparently was hosed. F-I-L went to Metro Golf Cart to get a new carb. They didn't have any in stock ("sold out at the races over the weekend"). However, old carbs were all over the place. "I have tons of old ones laying around, here's a box of 3, maybe you can do something with them." Gave my F-I-L the box. Turned out to have 4 in it. He cleaned and adjusted 1 for my B-I-L. Then cleaned a spare for him to keep in his car trailer in case there was a problem while he was at a drag race. His cart is running great now.

Well, my workhorse quit on me 2 weeks ago. Also had gas POURING out of the carb. Figured it was dirty. Did my best to clean it. No joy. Took it to F-I-L on Saturday to get him to look at it. He gave me a cleaned one (another of the free used units) in exchange and said he'd figure out why mine was leaking fuel. Put the carb on yesterday and cart is running better than ever. Old carb had the idle jacked up high, which limited my low speed ability. Now I can creep along the hunting trail quietly on the way to the stand.
Huntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO