lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
tater88
Not Yet Wild

Default cold air intake

this might be an over post, dont have time to do my homework. got the old '85 ezgo up and running. not too impressed with the intake. has anyone done a cold air intake on one? the engine compartment gets hotter than hell and going out the wheel well will suck gravel dust where I drive. what about shooting out the back? just trying to get a head start on this one
tater88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: cold air intake

Never seen one "shooting out the back", but some run it through the front firewall like on a Workhorse and use dyer hose..

See the vent? (out of the heat & dust)
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just installed a cold air intake on my 93 EZGo 2 Cycle a few weeks back. I have no pictures but if needed I can try and get them in a few weeks when I get back to the cart.

Anyway, this is what I did for mine...on the passenger side, inside the compartment there was a large canister with a filter inside it but the intake was only the size of a nickel. I removed the old housing and the 90-degree tube and bracket that held it to the bottom of the cart. I removed the oil injection tank and now I pre-mix. With all this new room I was able to install a full size car battery in a battery box. Now, I used the existing (stock) black intake flex hose and rotated it so it's intake opening was against the plastic of the bagwell. I used a 2" hole saw to cut the hole then used the old 90-degree tube from the old air intake bracket from the bagwell in. The hose clamp holds the 90 tight to the wall and tight to the intake hose. Then I just added a K&N filter and Precharger to keep the filter clean. The filter site nicely centered under my back seat, protected from possible rain and dirt. It is louder but I know it is getting clean cool air now. I don't know if I got performance gains because I did so much to the cart all at the same time. It does look **** cool though.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #4
tater88
Not Yet Wild

thanks tguellich.
Thats exactly what I was planning to do. Just wanted to see if any one has tried it yet. OEM was a crappy set up. haven't seen too many engineers that could pour piss out of a boot and figured I could do better
tater88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No problem, just in case, this is what I bought...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200461209591
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=468501836010

These were the best prices I could find online.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO