lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
GaFlyer
Not Yet Wild

Default Belt for 07 ezgo

Hello

Man the internet has forum for everything, thank God! I just bought my first gas 07 ezgo and would like to know if it uses same mod belt as 06. I saw in tech forum where belt stock number was given for smaller belt up to 06, but nothing after that. Thanks for help!!
GaFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
GaFlyer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Belt for 07 ezgo ANY 07 EZGO OWNERS

Man maybe I should have said in title Need hel making go faster! I haeve read about three things. Ones is to adj gov. which I will eventually do, the other 2 are changning the belt to smaller one. And the last is to change cluth to 28 degree. I would leke to change belt out first but was wondering if any 07 ezgo owners have done this. If so which belt did you use?
Old 06-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Belt for 07 ezgo

tightening governor nut = more top end speed.

shorter belt = more lower end torque, less top end speed.

shorter belt = OEM # 22337-G1

don't go crazy with the governor nut or you will be looking for the OEM # for a new motor.

Welcome to BGW.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

The 28 deg. clutch has great reviews but it aint cheap. Try that shorter belt. I did and was well satisfied with the results and the price!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
GaFlyer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I think I wil also go gov. adj. and shorter belt!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

the shorter belt worked great for me, too. and it wasn't even that much slower, to my perception.

agree with SB. don't go overboard with the governor. these motors weren't designed to go 20 years at 20K RPM :P
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
GaFlyer
Not Yet Wild

Ok one down one to go! I tightned the gov. nut up bought 1 /1/2 turns. I can tell an increase in speed. Only thing that is different now is the belt squeaks a little. Is this due to gov. being tightned? Even when motor is off I can rock cart back and forth with hand and hear the screaching of belt? Also make a constant low squeaking, screaching noise while driving!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #8
GaFlyer
Not Yet Wild

Finally received shorter belt, put on car and expected great things! I was disappointed in performance. I have big hills to climb in neighborhood and only noticed a small amount of torque increase. I will leave the belt on due to fact it cost me $30 shipped and I do notice some performance increase just not as much as what others on here have described. I was more pleased with gov adj, though I could actually tell an increase in speed!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
lomcevac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just installed a power spring in mine yesterday and it made a huge difference. This is in the drive clutch. It lets the engine rev a little more before trying to pull, which gives you more power on the bottom end.
lomcevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
GaFlyer
Not Yet Wild

I think I will get both clutch spring upgrades and see what that does. I just wonder if Im expecting too much for this 9hp motor!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO