lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 EZ GO, no "Click"

Be careful jack one wheel off the ground so this thing don't come to life and run you over! It happens just like this....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

hmm, OK. makes more sense now. I got a bunch of 4 ga. to replace all the old stuff, just wanted to get it to work first. Should have started there!

Previous owner must have been trying to make his own ground to the frame in attempt to correct a bad S2 or bad post on motor (chasing his tail). Shouldn't there be a fuse somewhere in there? I ran a jumper from negative post to the top post on f/r switch with a 30a fuse and it pops it when I select a gear... Maybe fuse too small or not needed? At any rate, that would not correct bad ground on motor anyway so all THAT will do is make my solenoid click? Yeah, ADHD kickin in, not born to work with electronic gizmos.
Big Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Be careful jack one wheel off the ground so this thing don't come to life and run you over! It happens just like this....
First thing I did was put it two feet off the ground on four stands for two reasons, one so I can work on it easier, the other so it doesn't go through my garage wall and come to rest in the kitchen.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #14
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
S1 is positive and S2 is the negative..

Just one more question before I spark and weld all my wires and cables to my cart, there is a small black wire posted up on the f/r switch where S1 goes to, on the uppermost post... Is that a misplaced ground wire up against what is supposed to be a positive cable connection?
Old 12-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #15
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

MY S2 cable goes from third post (front of cart to rear) on my motor, goes from there to post "D" on f/r switch.

(Post "D" that is on the provided diagram, that is)
Old 12-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's not right just wire it like the diagram the diagram will make the cart work then you can make new cables.... D goes to the A solenoid.

You have a DVM? Check voltage at the battery pack + and - and then go from there check each cable against the diagram 1 by 1 then start with the secondary small wires and do the same.... she will run.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #17
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Please bear with me, LOL... So run cable from neg battery post straight to motor like the diagram? My motor has four posts on it and there's a vented box with a coil in it between motor and f/r switch... Just getting gun-shy now, I have when the wires spark!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #18
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

That little black cable must be a positive then if it is paired with S1 like shown on the diagram...
Old 12-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Safest way is to disconnect the battery pack. Make all the connections from the F&R switch (forward & reverse) to the resistor coils, speed wiper, solenoid, & motor (there can't be more than 8 or so?) and then double check and connect the pack. A big ANA 400a fuse inline with the battery pack and the main + or - cable is a modern idea
Old 12-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #20
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Haha, losing myself in simplicity. Had to make my own diagram to compare with the one in print.

Tags
new solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO