lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
BLakeside
Gone Wild

Default DS body mounts

Does the rear body of a DS get any support from the front edge and the side panels Fwd of the wheel, where it rides in the U channel ? Or is all support from the mounting pads at seat hinge and seat back rest support ? I know there is a support under the bag well.

Thanks

Barry
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS body mounts

Yes there are support slots that body fits into or over on front edge where bolts are located and on side panels.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
BLakeside
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Yes there are support slots that body fits into or over on front edge where bolts are located and on side panels.
Thanks for the reply OLD MEC . I know that there are two bolts that secure the front lower edge below the FnR lever but does the body rest on the floor and support the seat area and the body or are the side channels only to keep the lower edge of the body from flexing.

Also I am looking to buy the seat back ( one peice ) supports that don't have golf bag attach points. I can fabricate them but they would look better if I bought aftermarket.

Barry
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #4
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

what year ds? a fiberglass body doesn't need the support, usually. a newer cart with a plastic type body is suppose to have a fuel pump mounting bracket there that also gives the hinges something to mount to and supports the body.

well on a gas cart anyway, i haven't worked on any newer electrics
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Side channels are to support from body flex, and yes front of body sits on floor and what holds body in place with bolts. Many older cart owners are using later model seat backrest assemblies ( #102238301 Buff, 102238302 White, 102238305 Gray ) and use existing support brackets that they trim off, or use later model supports and still have to trim them.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car