lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Stout
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Cart Lean Question

I purchased a used cart (03 EZGO TXT) last weekend and both my friend (who owns a cart, too) and I looked the cart over and test drove it, checked for rust, inspected the batteries, etc. However...when I got home from work yesterday and looked at the cart in my garage it looked like it was leaning to the left. (I should note that the cart is lifted - I'm not sure the brand of lift used)

I pulled out my level to make sure that my garage floor was actually level and it was. So I measured from the ground to the bottom sides of the cart and there is about a 1" difference in the distance from the ground (left driver's side is 1" lower). I measured at each wheel well, below the seat, and at the floorboard and it is the same everywhere.

As an additional test, I grabbed two 50lb dumbbells and placed them on the passenger side floor board to see if that would "even it out" but it had no effect on the lean.

Unfortunately, I'm no Golf Cart Expert but I'm trying to learn as much as I can. What are some things that could cause this lean? My initial thought is to inspect the installation of the lift kit but at first glance under the cart, everything looks fine there. What would you guys recommend looking into next?
Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart Lean Question

I'm no expert, but I've been told most carts will lean to the driver's side due to the fact that there's always someone driving(weight on the leaf springs), and a lot of times with no passengers. Both of mine lean some. I've been told that you could swap your rear leaf springs to the opposite sides, and that would help correct the issue. Some of the pros will chime in here shortly!
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've changed front & rear leaf springs and I still have a slight lean on the drivers side front.I put hd rear springs and stock front springs in,the rear is good but it seems I still have a slight lean in the front.Everything else looks good,I might try a set of coil-overs in the front.I'll
just live with it for now...
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine has a lean but then, I also have a 12v RV/Marine battery under the seat on the driver side, plus a driver. I think that would definitely cause a little lean.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
MadMax78
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Worn springs and extra battery under the driver made mine lean to the left. X2 on swapping springs from side to side to see if that helps.
MadMax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

, I forgot about the weight of that battery...
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #7
Stout
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into swapping the springs this weekend. I also noticed that the rear seat is not on straight, either, which adds about a half inch onto the right/left height difference in the back. So I need to look at that, too.

I also have a 12V deep cycle battery under the driver's side - that's why I added the 100lb weights on the passenger side to see if that would even it out at all.
Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes... I know this is an older thread, but it relates to a similar issue I now have.

Golf cart sits almost perfectly level without the huge 12v aux battery.
When I install the 12v aux battery, it leans to the drivers side significantly.

Having not much knowledge with suspension setups in these carts, I just started quickly looking at things.

Can a guy just put longer shackles on the side in which the car is leaning? They look like simple pieces of steel with holes drilled in them for the shackle bolts. If the cart is leaning a bit, wouldnt doing this just raise up the one side a tad? We arent talking 6 inches here. Only talking 1.5 inches max maybe needed.

Could even make shackles that have multiple holes to make them a little bit adjustable? Sort of like in this attachment....

Is this even possible? Give me some negatives please before I go ahead and try this!
Attached Images
File Type: png shackle.png (28.8 KB, 0 views)
shaferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

i certainly think that is worth doing, or at least trying. be sure not to over tighten the shackle bolts as it will limit flex. just snug will do.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Gonna head out to my buddies garage/shop this evening to spit a few of these puppies out.

He has a lot of metal hanging around and he built his own CNC Plasma cutter/table. he said he could whip up the program to make these pretty quick... ?

Will post up some pictures later. Worst case scenario - they dont work worth a **** and I have to pitch a few pounds of wasted steel.
shaferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO