lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
hbombmofo21
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G16 gas engine shut off while driving

Hi I have a 1999 yamaha g16 golf cart gas. I was driving down the road full throttle and cart shut off I pulled off the road and cart was trying to turn over but wouldn't. I am not good with alot of mechanics but I know a lil. It is getting spark to the plug, i put a new plug on after this happened, is there anyone who came across this problem before. Note i had the choke pulled out all the way not knowing because the bracket that held the choke to the body snapped and I was unaware that it was open. I have no idea how long the choke was out. A few different people use the cart so it could have been pulled out for a day or a few weeks. I could smell gas when it's trying to turn over but not sure how to make sure it's getting to the carb. If someone has any quick fix ideas I'd appreciate it. I don't wanna hafta trailer it to a mechanic if at all possible. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer
hbombmofo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: G16 gas engine shut off while driving

Pull the air filter and see if it is soaked in gas.
Use a mirror and look into the carb to see that the choke is actually opening when knob is pushed in.
Also, with the key off, push the gas pedal and make sure the throttle cable is opening the carb.
After you try starting it, pull the plug and tell us if it is wet or dry, probably wet?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
hbombmofo21
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Air filter is dry. Plug wet. Carb opens with gas pedal down. Choke only clicks when opening and closing keeps going back to the same spot open or closed
hbombmofo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbombmofo21 View Post
Air filter is dry. Plug wet. Carb opens with gas pedal down. Choke only clicks when opening and closing keeps going back to the same spot open or closed
Plug wet means no fire, or you got fire and old gas that's hard to burn. are you sure you got fire?
try bolwing air in the spark plug hole to evaporate the gas.

I have know Idea what you mean by this statement, just make sure it is working.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha