lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
bordin34
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Exclamation G22 Smoking and Gas in oil

I went to my friends to help fix his G22. When I got to his house I noticed that the air cleaner box was full of a gas/oil mixture. So I drained the oil and got 2 quarts out of it, 1 quart oil and 1 quart gas. After I refilled the oil to the proper level and cleaned out the filter box I got it to run for a little bit but there was tons of white/grey smoke, not blue. I stopped and there was raw fuel dripping out of the exhaust and the oil was already heavily contaminated with gas. I took apart the carb and thoroughly cleaned it which didn't help. I also cleaned and checked the fuel pump and it was OK. The carb spacer is not cracked, it has spark. Any other ideas?
bordin34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
dbwess
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G22 Smoking and Gas in oil

Check the float level. fuel may be running in while its not running. also check the choke, make sure it in not on or moving to the closed position after the engine starts. check the filter, if the air filter is saturated or dirty it will be ristricted and act like a choke causing a rich condition. let me know what you find
dbwess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
rangerboy
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

yup check for a stuck open needle/float. take carb off and give it a good cleaning...might have a lil speck of dirt or might just be stuck open
rangerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Double check the fuel pump, it may be leaking gas to the pulse line.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
dbwess
Not Yet Wild

I second that! Re-check the fuel pump Ive seen alot of snowmobiles do this and it will fill the crank case in no time!
dbwess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
bordin34
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I cleaned the carb and made sure the float was functioning correctly. Tomorrow I am going to take the carb off my working G22 and put it on theirs.
While cranking I quickly unplugged the pulse line and it was dry. I even lightly sucked on it to see if I could get fuel in my mouth and got nothing. The diaphragms in the fuel pump seemed fine when I took it apart.
bordin34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha