lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
WIN.308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Quick Wheel Question

I currently have some old 22x11x10 tires on some old 10x10 rims with negative offset, I'm having a hard time finding new wheels the same size and with the same offset, I think the offset is 6 inches from the outside of the wheel to where the lugs are (not sure how to state that), my question: If I get some new wheels that dont have such a severe offset and I get some spacers to make up the difference, will I basically have the same set-up? Prob a dumb question but I just dont know. Also my tires are 22 inch but with 12 lbs of pressure in them they sit almost 24 inches tall, I want to keep the height but trying to find some wheel/tire combos online, youre not sure what youre getting- any advice. Thanks
WIN.308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Quick Wheel Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIN.308 View Post
1. If I get some new wheels that dont have such a severe offset and I get some spacers to make up the difference, will I basically have the same set-up? Prob a dumb question but I just dont know.
2. Also my tires are 22 inch but with 12 lbs of pressure in them they sit almost 24 inches tall, I want to keep the height but trying to find some wheel/tire combos online, youre not sure what youre getting- any advice. Thanks
1. I'm not well versed in the physics involved with changing the offset, but if the spacer used equaled the change in the offset, the relative position of the outer/inner edges of the wheel to the end of the axle would be the same. For example: If the distance between the face of the brake drum and the outer edge of the 6:4 wheel is 6" and you installed a 5:5 wheel with a 1" spacer; the distance between the brake drum face and the outer edge of the 5:5 wheel would still be 6".

2. If you're username means you have some familiarity with ammo, than you are well aware the caliber given in a cartridges common name is only a vague indication of the true diameter of the projectile. The same applies to tires and the size given varies from the mounted diameter.

Some tire manufacturers list mounted diameters on their websites. Some tire dealers have that information.
Solution: Call and ask.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO