lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #31
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Elec - 36v-12v reducer and accessories

Ok, I've connected the 36v power-on lead for the converter to the key switch on the converter powers on and off with the key.
Only drawback.... Switching the f&r interrupts the power to the converter.
So as long as it's in forward or revers you have 12v.... Undecided how I feel about that.
I can't believe there is no other pds riders that have installed this type converter...
ddeblance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #32
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you wire it like I said, it won't turn off in neutral.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #33
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

But I'm not seeing 36v from the other prongs.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #34
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Without rereading the whole thread, I'm assuming you have a three position switch. If so, you'll need to run a wire from the positive post of your battery pack to the key switch, then to your converter/reducer. If you use the existing 36 volts, you will lose power any time the solenoid activation circuit has no power, such as when in Neutral, or when the reed switch is turned off while charging.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #35
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yurtle,

Correct, it's a 3 position key switch.

The two blue wires are for lights. I can simply connect those to blue wires to a switch in the dash correct?

Next, run another 36v lead from pack to on of the switch and connect my converter power-on lead to that. Correct?
Then when switching to the "lights" position the converter will power on without interruption when switching f&r.

A couple more question...
1. Under the seat there is a fuse block that run from two of the batteries. Can I just remove that lead from the batteries and splice into the 12v from the converter? (12v 30amp converter)

2. There are three wires coming off the fuse block under the seat. One is blue/white which is lights. The other two I'm not sure of. Any idea?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Switch01.jpg (207.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12vacc.jpg (88.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #36
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeblance View Post
2. There are three wires coming off the fuse block under the seat. One is blue/white which is lights. The other two I'm not sure of. Any idea?
Horn and Brake/Turn signals.
Here is an accessory wiring diagram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accessory Wiring.JPG (80.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #37
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for everyone's help! I feel accomplished!

Last night I ran a 36v lead from the pack to the dash just for the key switch/converter & gauge.
Removed the two blue wires for the lights from the key switch. Connected the 36v from pack and power-on lead for the converter to the key switch. With a turn of the key... POWER!

Also, connected the battery gauge from scottyb to the mix and the key switches that off as well so it's not always on.

Moved the blue wire for lights over to a switch in the dash. But didn't use the 12v lead from the fuse block under the seat and instead connected to fuse block in the dash so now they are running off the converter as well instead of 2x 6v batteries. That should be better on the pack right??

Now, I turn the key once and it's power to GO. Turn it another click and I have 12v accessories.
Three switches on the dash (lights, stereo, underglow)

That shouldn't be too much for a 30amp converter?.... Lights, stereo, cig lighter and soon to have underglow from Anglersplayground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130405_115019.jpg (126.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130405_114616.jpg (147.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #38
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh, and just a little something funny... Well I did laugh at my self after the cold sweat dried up....
But when I was done making all the nice connections to the switch, I reconnected battery pack and all I heard was the back up buzzer.... AAHHH!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MY CART!!.... Quick, disconnect the battery before you do more damage dumb butt! No figure out what is not connected right! Check all wires.... good... Nothing looks wrong.... Reconnect pack, BEEEEEEEP! Disconnect pack and leave the room... Few minutes later I come back in, lift of the dangling keyswitch/f&r/gauge, put the f&r switch from revers into neutral.... SMACK MYSELF IN THE HEAD for being suck a dumb butt... Connect pack and all is good. aaahhh, had to tell someone I don't like feeling stupid all alone... ;)
Old 08-04-2017, 08:22 PM   #39
stick340
Not Yet Wild

New guy here. I'm also installing a reducer, I have a couple of questions, did you have to switch the position of the wht/yel and wht wire if not I got mine in the wrong position. Which wire did you find the 36V on. white or wht/yel ? How did you wire the switch for the lights.
stick340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO